Can you fix my workspace file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you fix my workspace file?

Having overloaded Ninjatrader so it couldn't keep up, and because I didn't want to lose all the support and resistance lines drawn on my workspace charts, I attempted to modify the workspace file to eliminate the last charts loaded. I have a corrupted original and uncorrupted backup version of the workspace. Can you show me how to fix it and in the future eliminate charts directly from the workspace file if I do this again? I deleted </ChartForm to <ChartForm lines for several charts and time and sales, but when I loaded the workspace the windows opened but did not plot data or indicators.

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Unfortunately this is not supported. I suggest to proceed as follows.

- Shut down NinjaTrader
    - Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    - Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    - After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Check if you can start NinjaTrader successful.

You can open your workspaces one by one at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace. Please open the workspace with the charts you like to remove first. Deleted the charts and save your workspace again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ProfitPilgrim View Post
      Having overloaded Ninjatrader so it couldn't keep up, and because I didn't want to lose all the support and resistance lines drawn on my workspace charts, I attempted to modify the workspace file to eliminate the last charts loaded. I have a corrupted original and uncorrupted backup version of the workspace. Can you show me how to fix it and in the future eliminate charts directly from the workspace file if I do this again? I deleted </ChartForm to <ChartForm lines for several charts and time and sales, but when I loaded the workspace the windows opened but did not plot data or indicators.
      If you edited the file manually, then you know the file name. Just replace the corrupt file with the uncorrupted original. Remember to shut down NinjaTrader before you replace the file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes