NT charting unreliable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT charting unreliable

See attached chart. This is why I don't dare trust Ninjatrader with a live account. These "glitches" in the data keep happening over and over. (see notes on the chart). BTW, if I create a new chart, the data looks fine, no gaps, no bad volume, everything AOK. But a trader needs to trust that the charts he's got are correct, up to date, and showing the right prices and right volume. If you can't trust your charts, you don't dare trade live. So, can anybody explain why this chart just froze?
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Can you please disconnect your data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the chart loads as expected.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

If the chart still does not load all data, please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, NT charting unreliable' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I look at the chart, there are some odd points:

-> you selected the false contract month, the current front month is CL 05-15, not CL 06-15
      -> there is no volume missing for April 5, because April 5 was a Sunday
      -> the missing volume probably is for the day of Friday, April 3, because Friday was a holiday on NYMEX
      -> the single tick for Friday on your price chart probably is a false tick coming from minute data
      -> the last bar on your chart is April 6, because you have selected April 6 as the end date in your DataSeries settings

I can see lots of user errors, but no problem with NinjaTrader. I use Kinetick EOD every day, and the only problem that I have ever had is a special case with index futures which occurs about once per year, when the settlement price is outside the daily range.

Attached is a chart for CL 05-15 loaded with Kinetick EOD. No problems whatsoever.
      Attached Files

Comment

Harry,
        The June contract is not a "false" month by any means. Futures traders (esp. in commodities) trade many different contracts for many different reasons. The interesting (and potentially useful) bit of info that you are highlighting, however, is the fact that I originally had the May contract (05-15) on this chart and saw this problem with the chart not updating, so I changed contract months intentionally to see if that would correct the problem. It did not. However, when I created a fresh new chart with either contract month then the data was perfect. So, the problem lies with a corruption of a given chart. Hopefully, Jason's instructions will fix the problem (haven't applied them yet). Anyway, thanks for your input.
        Taz

Comment

OK, Jason, log and trace files are sent. Thanks for looking into this!
          Taz

Comment

Jason, so, did you receive the files? Have you been able to figure out what's wrong, why the chart froze?
            Tasuki

Comment

Unfortunately I did not receive the files so far. Did you receive a message that the files were submitted successful? If not, please try again.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

darn

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Unfortunately I did not receive the files so far. Did you receive a message that the files were submitted successful? If not, please try again.
                Oh dear, I swear I sent them correctly. OK, I'll try again.
                ...OK, sent again. I think the error I made before was to assume that, by checking the box labelled "log and trace files", that they would be automatically attached. It wasn't clear that you have to go find the log and trace files and attach them manually. Is this the case? Did you recieve them?
                Tasuki
                Last edited by Tasuki; 04-17-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post emuns
                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                6 responses
                1 like