System management for NT running strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System management for NT running strategies

I am running NT7 on a virtual machine in the cloud and would like for it to start with all strategies enabled when my system reboots.

I have NT added to a list of startup tasks BUT when it starts up and loads my default workspace all strategies are disabled. Is there a way to ensure that all strategies are enabled on startup?

Hello aufidius,

Thank you for your post.

When NinjaTrader starts it will not enable automated strategies automatically, and there is no option or method to perform this.

Comment

That is really unfortunate . Hopefully you guys will add this feature to NT8?

It would be nice to enable automatic software updates in windows (for security) and know that when my server reboots NT would start up without me logging in each time.

Comment

Hello aufidius,

Thank you for your response.

There is no word on this feature being implemented into the next major release.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team.

Comment

Originally posted by aufidius View Post

It would be nice to enable automatic software updates in windows (for security) and know that when my server reboots NT would start up without me logging in each time.
          Are you really sure that that is "unfortunate"?

Read up about "Knight Capital". You do not want that to happen to you because of a glitch that might be introduced out of your control by an update. Remember that Knight Capital had an army of quants and programmers to oversee quality control and something still slipped through. I am sure that you are very careful when you code: so were they. There are many other firms that have also failed because the trading computers went haywire.

Mistakes are out of our control, which is why we have to be careful not to walk away from the computers that execute our trades; or let computers turn themselves on and start trading our money. In the event of a mistake, from any source, you will not be there to shut it down before the broker makes his margin calls.

Comment

Originally posted by aufidius View Post

I can't say I've seen any security updates for NT? Bug fixes mostly.

There's been a couple upgrade now because a provider is toast and you need to switch.

I'm with Koganam on this one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JoMoon2024  
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes