IB new exchange support request: SEHKNTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB new exchange support request: SEHKNTL

Hello. I wanted to give the heads up that IB has introduced the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect (SEHKNTL), which enables its customers with access to HKEX to be able to trade Shanghai A shares on the shanghai stock exchange. The shanghai market is hugely liquid eg today bank of china traded 1.2 billion shares today, almost 600M usd in volume. Here are some pointers.

1. IB exchange code is SEHKNTL
    2. Currency is CNH, so you may have to add CNH support.
    3. All ticker symbols are numbers. For example, Bank of China ticker is 601988.

Regarding number ticker symbols, I would like to point out another problem concerning the Tokyo Stock exchange(tsej). All TSEJ stocks load IB historical data fine but the charts simply do not update. I've tried changing the routing to one of the ecns as well as a workaround to the default TSEJ routing but the problem remains. This lack of number ticker support may well carry over into the SEHKNTL.

A similar problem happens on London Stock exchange stocks like GL and all the rest as well. They load the historical data just fine but simply do not update.

Please look into these issues for a more rocksolid platform.
    Thank you.

Hello draco,

I will forward your suggestion to support CNH currency in NinjaTrader. Unfortunately the currency setting needs to be setup correctly in NinjaTrader in order to receive data from Interactive Brokers. If the exchange is not listed in NinjaTrader, unfortunately it is not supported either.

The TSEJ stocks are not supported either. Unfortunately stocks that consist of numbers only are not supported in NinjaTrader. Please see the forum thread at the link below that discusses the same topic.

As per the GL stock, can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Remove the GL from your instrument list if added. Highlight it in the instrument list on the left side and click the arrow pointing to the right.

Highlight the GL stock in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Make sure the Default and Lse exchanges are enabled. Check if Currency is set to BritishPound as well. Click OK.

Keep the GL highlighted and make sure Exchange is set to Lse. Click the arrow pointing to teh left to add it back to your instrument list. Click OK in the Instrument Manager.

Check if you receive realtime data for the GL in NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Regarding GL london, I tinkered around and put GL|LSE in the symbol map. The chart appears to be updating fine. Thanks

Comment

Please support the IB exchange SEHKNTL, I wan to use it to trade Shanghai A shares.
        Thank you.

Comment

Hello sisi,

I have forwarded your request to support the SEHKNTL exchange to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-871

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes