Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to create limit order using chart trader

Hello,

How do I create limit order using chart trader? Can I use "chase" order feature in chart trader?

Thank you.

SunnyRain

Thank you for your post.

When you right click in the chart with Chart Trader enabled the context menu that comes up will list all of your order options and this includes limit orders.

The Advanced Options including the Chase feature are not available in the Chart Trader but you can link your SuperDOM and Chart by setting the "L" box to the same color in both the SuperDOM and Chart Trader.

Linking allows you to use the two at the same time so that you can utilize all of the features in either order entry window at anytime.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,
      Thank you very much for the quick reply. I have another question:

On my chart, if I click on symbol on the right corner of the chart(for example, AAPL chart will show AAPL at the position), I will see a list of all symbols. Can I limit it to only show symbols on a certain instrument list? Thank you.

Sunnyrain

Comment

Hi,

Yes, this is possible upon using the Instrument Manager. Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager. By default the default instrument list is selected on the left side. This instrument list is being used in the chart. If you like to remove an instrument, highlight it and click the arrow pointing to the right. You can add an instrument upon performing the opposite steps. More information can be found in the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jason. My question really is whether it is possible to use other instrument list other than default in the chart. Thanks.

Comment

You can only select a different instrument list in the Format Data Series of the chart. It is not possible to select an instrument located on a different instrument list other than the default instrument list from the instrument drop down list in the upper left corner of the chart.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Two more questions:
              1. Can I add stop loss and target order to an open position using chart trader?
              2. Can I create and save different custom ATM strategy using chart trader?

Thank you.

Comment

Sunnyrain,

1) After you have submitted your order please do the following:
                - Make sure the ATM Strategy is set to <none>
                - Right click in Chart trader and enabled 'OCO Order'
                - Located a price in the chart above the market, right click and submit your Buy Stop Order
                - Make sure the ATM Strategy is still set to <none>
                - Now locate a price in the chart below the market. Right click again and submit your Sell Stop order

These orders represent your stop and target. Whichever one gets filled first will flatten you and cancel the other. Make sure when you're filled to disable the 'OCO Order' via the right click menu.

2) Absolutely when you have set up your strategies, right click in the ATM Strategies tab and select 'Manage ATM Strategy Templates'. You can then name and save your strategies.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bmartz
                  by bmartz