If I only have Ninjia and I.B. TWS ,can I do automated trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I only have Ninjia and I.B. TWS ,can I do automated trading

I currently trading a simple strategy using I.B. TWS, it is not automated, I have to monitor the trades manually.

My question is , if I do not have tradestation or esignal, can I only use Ninjia to automated trading ? Does ninjia have some language ( like easylanguage of tradestation) that I can use to write some codes to automate my trading?

imported post

I mean, using Ninjascript, can I write some very simply systyms (such as buy at the highest high of past 10 days, sell at the lowest low of the past 10 days. etc.) for automated trading.

Comment

imported post

Ina few more months yes.

Ray
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I see, hope it arrives soon.

Actually I have a version of tradestation (2000i ) but I do not have the source of datafeed for tradestion. Do you know if it is possible toconnect the datafeed of IB TWS to tradestation and then excecute the tradestation signals through ninjatrader ?

Comment

I have the same problem one year later after your last response

I want to execute automatically an order based on the highest price value of the 60 minute bars between 9 AM and 10 AM, and the order execution time is 10 AM for example (this is a condition in my strategy), a LongStopOrder for example, is it possible to do it ?

How can I execute that LongStopOrder() with some conditions (for example at 10:01 AM and for a certain value for takeProfit and StopLoss) and not get cancelled by the NT ?

I opened a thread on

and discussed with Dierk, but I still can't do what I want with NT and I just want to know if it this possible so not waste my time and your time

thanks.

Comment

Yes, what you want to do could be done with NT.

As explained in the thread you are referring to you just need to call EnterLongStop as long as your entry condition is true and not just once at the specific point in time, since the order would be canceled out on next bar. Please read more here on the concept of how NT manages orders: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html

There are additional resources available, e.g. NinjaScript consultants are available to help program your custom indicators/strategies or to help our users throughout their learning curve. Additional information is located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Just a word of caution about integrating Trade Station with Ninja:

As I am testing this process, one of the biggest problems I see is that Trade Station will designate your order filled when price is touched. As we all know, you sell at the bid and buy at the ask.

I am trying a very robust strategy that trades the er2, 7-10 times per day, for a scalp. Several of these signals get filled on Trade Station, but not on Ninja. Thus I need to manually re-enter the previous working orders on the Ninja as they are cancelled by the Trade Station strategy.

This is the reason it is probably best to have your strategies on the Ninja. I'm sure there is a way to set up the Trade Station strategy's to only fill orders for a sell at the bid and buys at the ask, but I haven't found it yet.

Comment

Yes, this is a downside of how TS strategies run in real-time.

To ensure that NT is in sync with TS, you can set NT to only submit market order on a FILL reported by TS.

With NinjaScript strategies, you can submit limit orders at the bid/offer and they are real live orders at the exchange that are filled when they are really filled.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                1 response
                0 likes