Chart data does not display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart data does not display

My instrument is CL 2-15 current month. monthly data loads and displays. Shorter terms like 60 m does not display. All other instruments I have tried work correctly. Also I noticed in another thread that the instrument has to be in in the instrument list. Do I need to change it for every month when the contracts change? Same results in DOM.
    Last edited by TMaccommons; 02-24-2015, 09:58 AM.

Hi TMaccommons, thanks for your post.

The most current contract for the CL instrument is actually the 04-15 front month. If you change your chart over to CL 04-15, do you still experience the same on short intervals?

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

That was the second part of my question. I do not have a different CL instrument. Can I change the time frame for current one or do I have to create a new one for each contract month?
      Last edited by TMaccommons; 02-24-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

You can rollover your current CL instrument to the most current front month by following these video instructions:

Futures Contract Rollover - NinjaTrader Tips

<span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Hi, thanks for your reply.

You can rollover your current CL instrument to the most current front month by following these video instructions:

Futures Contract Rollover - NinjaTrader Tips

Alex,

The video shows how to rollover to new contracts with the Instrument Manager. It does not mention updating all the Workspaces with the new contracts. Does NT provide a method for updating all the Workspaces after a rollover?

I have never seen one, so flat all positions and NT shutdown, I use file editor from FUNDUC Software, "Replace Studio Pro" or "Search and Replace" to make all rollover changes to my charts and DOMs in a few seconds.

Entering the old and new contract names a pair at a time, allows changes to be made to all Workspaces in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces folder in one pass for each contract, instead of manually changing each chart and DOM.
          Last edited by Jim W.; 03-15-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Jim W., thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader does lack an automated way to rollover all charts and SuperDOMs. However, I will take note of the method you currently use to do that and submit a feature suggestion to the development team to see if there is possibly a similar method we could implement in the future.

Comment

Thanks.

Please be sure to add that it is very important that all positions be flat before changing the instruments on the DOMs and charts!

Comment

Sorry to jump in this thread.

Blank chart, no candles!
                Why have my charts been always like this in recent days?

When I first start NT, the charts do show up.

However, when I switch to another instrument, it just displays a blank white space with 0.001 on the price column. See my attachment below.

This problem occurs with any instrument, forex, futures, stock...

Thanks.
                Pi
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ninZa; 03-16-2015, 08:55 PM.
                ninZa
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Hello ninZa,
                  Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
                  You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                  Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=72174

I look forward to assisting you further.
                  Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                  4 responses