Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB questions

I have IB as a data feed and the free Ninja trader

1. with the free Ninja trader, can I place a real time trade with a basic market order thru the Ninja Trader software?

2. Is the data coming from IB in real time, in other words, the data and charts I see are they being updated in real time for intraday?

3. Is it possible with NT to scan both NASDAQ and the NYSE for point gainers based on volume etc? in real time

4. If so, is there a way to obtain the languaging in order to write this scan?

1. You cannot place any live trades with the free version of NinjaTrader. You can however place real-time trades that are routed to an internal simulated account. Those trades will run from the NinjaTrader simulator.

2. The data will be real-time. For more clarification on the IB data. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

3. NinjaTrader does not have a scanner, but please take a look at the Market Analyzer. It may fit your needs.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      1. You cannot place any live trades with the free version of NinjaTrader. You can however place real-time trades that are routed to an internal simulated account. Those trades will run from the NinjaTrader simulator.

2. The data will be real-time. For more clarification on the IB data. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

3. NinjaTrader does not have a scanner, but please take a look at the Market Analyzer. It may fit your needs.

So the only way you could place an order would be thru the IB platform TWS?

That's what I was getting at, thru Market Anlayzer can you develop a scanner that will scan the entire market and produce stocks that are moving up/ down based on price /volume in real time?

Thanks

Comment

You will have to place your orders how you would normally place your orders through IB. If you purchase NT though you can place orders directly through the NT interface and they will go to your brokerage.

Market Analyzer is not a scanner per se. You will kind of have to adjust it to do what you want. You need to load a set list of instruments into the Market Analyzer, then you can have a column to run whatever indicators on it you want. You can then sort the list to see the relevant instruments.

Comment

interactive brokers connection issues

I am on the free version of ninja
          What will happen if I am live on IB and it disconnects (lets say ib goes down) for 1 minute, and then comes up. No orders have been placed during this time.
          (ie do audio, email alerts happen, green connect light goes off etc)

what if the same sitution occurs, and my stop got hit on tradestation, but this will not have go through to IB as ib was down at that instant.
          I am using the mode where fills only occur once ts detects a fill.
          Is there anyway ninja can tell it got out of sync.
          Background information. I trade while I am asleep (have done so for 5 year) and need a tight solution with error checking and alerts

buy the way, your demo videos are extremly helpfull
          Last edited by kiwibird; 04-22-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

>> No orders have been placed during this time.
            Nothing will happen. Not sure what you are expecting...

>> but this will not have go through to IB as ib was down at that instant
            Order will not be placed as the connection is broken.

Comment

IB down..

What im expecting if IB goes down, even if there are no orders, is an alarm of sorts.

If ib goes down, an order is send (and missed), are you saying there are no alarms, error messages or way of knowing something is wrong?

Comment

You will get notified by the connection status change on the control center in the status bar as TWS goes down (goes to orange).

Comment

ib

ok, so thats progress.
                  I assume I can also see this error in the log files. If so thats progress.

But what about if an order occurs while ib was disconnect. what alarms / error messages will occur?

Comment

When you get disconnected NinjaTrader will stop your strategy so you shouldn't have problems in that department.

Comment

ts

My strategy is in tradestation, so it will not stop.
                      What will happen in this situation?

Comment

The order will not make it to IB, since TWS is disconnected.

Comment

ib

ok, but will alarms, error messages etc occur?
                          I have to ask all the questions because ninja is not fully functional in a paper trading mode , when its in the free trial mode.

Comment

Please read my post below: NT notifies you in case the TWS connection goes down.

Comment

ib

"You will get notified by the connection status change on the control center in the status bar as TWS goes down (goes to orange)."

...ok so we got notified by a visual alert....
                              then tradestation sends a signal while IB is still down and the status bar is orange.

do we get warnings about this? when it reconnects seconds or hours later,
                              do we get in sync, can we tell if we are out of sync etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123