cl, zs, don't load until I change from daily to intraday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cl, zs, don't load until I change from daily to intraday

I'm having issues with charts such as cl, zs, kc. On my daily charts, I need to change the setting to an intraday time frame to wake up the chart and get the day's bar.

Another weird occurrence is when I go from a 5 min bar of cl to zs, the newest bar is huge and seems to take in all of the price action from an hour or so, even though it's a 5 minute chart? When I go back to cl, same thing. The newest bar is huge and displays a wider range than is actual.

Is this a bug of some kind and how do I get the correct ranges for the current bar?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas; 01-12-2015, 11:40 AM. Reason: Added same chart from barchart.com

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please shut down NinjaTrader then open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB folder. Delete the sub-folder named 'Cache' then restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to your data source. After making this change do you still need to cycle the chart for historical daily data to load normally?

2.) This appears to be the result of NinjaTrader's merge policy setting. Please open the Options menu. (Tools > Options) In the Data tab, please set Merge Policy to 'DoNotMerge' then click OK. Finally, reload data in your CL and ZS charts and let me know if the issue persists.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Kyle.

I implemented both of your suggestions. Intraday seems to be working fine, now.

I'll let you know if I encounter anything else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JoMoon2024  
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa