Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Please open the Session Manager window by clicking Tools > Session Manager. Next, select the 'Default 24/7' template. Using the timezone drop-down menu at the bottom of the menu, select your timezone.Next, click Save then click OK.

Finally, return to your chart and select the Default 24/7 Session Template then reload data in your charts.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done all of that. When you say reload data, I opened the chart and changed the session to 24/7. The last bar still reads 10/03/2015 00:00.

Comment

Hello,

Please open the Session Manager window again (Tools > Session Manager) then select the Default 24/7 template. Do you see your local timezone reflected in the timezone menu or has this field reverted to US Eastern time?

Comment

Default 24/7 has the correct local time zone. Screen shot attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Farmer George,

Based on additional testing here I would recommend that you change the Session Manager's Default 24/7 timezone to a UTC + 2:00 setting. After making this change please click Save then exit the Session Manager. Finally, right click in the chart and select Reload All Historical Data and check the date of the most current bar again.

Comment

Ok, will give that a go.

Comment

Yes, a result! That works. One small problem is that when I click on Data Series the Session temple resorts to <Use instruments settings>. If I leave that then the old problem remains. However, if I change this to 24/7 then the correct last bar is shown. Is there any way it can resort to 24/7 automatically? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

You could configure the instrument to use the Default 24/7 template by default:
                  Open the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager)
                  Select the instrument you wish to change from the list on the right then click Edit.
                  In the Instrument Editor, use the Session Template property to select Default 24/7 then click OK to exit the Instrument Editor.
                  Click OK again to exit the Instrument Manager.

After making this change any new chart of the instrument which you changed will use the Default 24/7 Session Template by default.

Comment

Not sure, and will have to test a bit more. When I go into Data Series the Session template still remains as <Use instrument settings>. Looking at the charts there have been cases where the last candle was dated for the next day. If I change the Session template on a chart to 24/7 the problem vanishes for all charts. Will check some more and get back. Thanks.

Comment

Looking at some of the individual stocks in my Instrument list, they have Session template as 'Test', but not all. I must have have messed-up somewhere. I am now going through one-by-one changing it to 24/7. Tedious but suppose there's no way round. This may then solve the problem - but I'm still not sure why the Session template in the Data series is still not showing the default as 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Hello,

You could configure the instrument to use the Default 24/7 template by default:
                        Open the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager)
                        Select the instrument you wish to change from the list on the right then click Edit.
                        In the Instrument Editor, use the Session Template property to select Default 24/7 then click OK to exit the Instrument Editor.
                        Click OK again to exit the Instrument Manager.

After making this change any new chart of the instrument which you changed will use the Default 24/7 Session Template by default.
                        I think I'd like to start from fresh with the instrument list, and download the data again, deleting some existing lists which repeat the same instruments. What's the best way of deleting without leaving of the instrument names anywhere, including the table on the right hand side of the Instrument list? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Renaming NinjaTrader's database would likely be the easiest way to clear out each of these instruments at once.

Please rename your database by following the steps listed below. Doing so will cause NinjaTrader to create a new database on start up. Because of this, ATM strategy templates, custom session templates, custom instruments and instrument lists will need to be recreated.

To rename the database:
                          • Shutdown NinjaTrader.
                          • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB folder.
                          • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *
                          • Rename the file 'OLDNinjaTrader.sdf'.
                          • Finally, restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi,

Will do that now, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                              Hello,

Renaming NinjaTrader's database would likely be the easiest way to clear out each of these instruments at once.

Please rename your database by following the steps listed below. Doing so will cause NinjaTrader to create a new database on start up. Because of this, ATM strategy templates, custom session templates, custom instruments and instrument lists will need to be recreated.

To rename the database:
                              • Shutdown NinjaTrader.
                              • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB folder.
                              • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *
                              • Rename the file 'OLDNinjaTrader.sdf'.
                              • Finally, restart NinjaTrader.
                              All worked, thanks very much. The chart templates were all retained. Appreciate you getting me there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ETFVoyageur