Opentick Beta Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opentick Beta Test

Is it possible to alter the data server IP address in the Free version of Ninjatrader?

Opentick have released a Beta version for new feeds. I want to set the primary server to the Beta version and the backup data to the secondary server. I can setup the connections through the connection wizard but can't find where to alter the IP address for the new Beta feed connection.

Do you have a link for this? It sounds interesting.

Comment

Opentick

Yeah there is a link but you should have received an email from Opentick if your a customer. Basically you have to fill out a survey to get access to the details. The essence of it is that they are pulling data straight from the exchanges with new hardware, better internet connections, faster storage times etc decreasing latency.

Comment

>> Is it possible to alter the data server IP address in the Free version of Ninjatrader?
        Unfortunately not. We'll contact OpenTick to see what we potentially coudl support in future releases.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetiger View Post
          Yeah there is a link but you should have received an email from Opentick if your a customer. Basically you have to fill out a survey to get access to the details. The essence of it is that they are pulling data straight from the exchanges with new hardware, better internet connections, faster storage times etc decreasing latency.
          No email yet. Maybe it went to a different account. The last I knew they weren't taking new customers or allowing existing customers to add exchanges to their account.

These sound like major improvements, OpenTick is awesome.

Comment

Dierk: Thanks for the follow up.

Elliot Wave: Yeah, it appears to be a major step forward. If you email them I am sure they will provide further details.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              >> Is it possible to alter the data server IP address in the Free version of Ninjatrader?
              Unfortunately not. We'll contact OpenTick to see what we potentially coudl support in future releases.
              You need an "advanced" button on your feed configuration forms to override the default port numbers, IP addresses, etc.

Comment

Got the email. Hopefully something can be rigged up, I like the sounds of this/

What is the Beta for?

Opentick has gone through a continual evolution over the past several years. Throughout that evolution, we have made many improvements to the feeds, the quality of data, and the service. The most recent improvements, and thus the reason for our beta include migrating to a new hardware infrastructure with more processing power and faster storage access times, better Internet connections, and market data feeds sourced directly from the exchanges. This should decrease our current latency dramatically and blow away the competitors for real-time data. For the historical data, we are working hard to maximize the performance of our servers. As we migrate, our historical data will be much faster in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                  Got the email. Hopefully something can be rigged up, I like the sounds of this/
                  I hacked the config.xml file in the "My Documents\Ninjatrader" folder ...just look for Opentick and you'll see where to insert the beta url's. It worked. But of course the beta servers are limited - no tick charts for instance.

Comment

Good job,

I just noticed there's no Amex support yet and pretty much everything I trade is there, so I'll hold off, and maybe play around with some NYSE stuff on monday.

Comment

Syswizard:

I looked through the config.xml file but did not see where you changed the data server. Can you be more specific???

TD

Comment

Note: We recommend to NOT manually edit Config.xml since this easily could screw up your installation.

We're in touch with OpenTick support to work on supporting their beta servers shortly. Please be patient.

Comment

See below. What's wierd is that Ninja does not expose the port addresses as well....many other trading platforms make both the host url and the port addresses i.e. 10010 for instance configurable. This provides for maximum flexibility to acommodate exactly this kind of thing that occurred with opentick's move to beta servers.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          <ConnectOptions xsi:type="OpenTickOptions">
                          <Backup />
                          <ConnectOnStartup>false</ConnectOnStartup>
                          <DataConnection>false</DataConnection>
                          <Mode>Live</Mode>
                          <Name>Opentick-Std</Name>
                          <PasswordEncrypted>vxOOO1le9kQ=</PasswordEncrypted>
                          <Provider>OpenTick</Provider>
                          <SimOcoPartialFills>true</SimOcoPartialFills>
                          <User>syswizard</User>
                          <PrimaryHost>beta1.opentick.com</PrimaryHost>
                          <SecondaryHost>beta2.opentick.com</SecondaryHost>
                          <UseDelayedData>false</UseDelayedData>
                          </ConnectOptions>

Comment

>> What's wierd is that Ninja does not expose the port addresses as well

There is no weirdness since
                            - you are not supposed to edit Config.xml (please see below)
                            - OpenTick *guaranteed* us, that URL/Port never would change

However, we are looking into accommodating for this policy change of OpenTick's

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DynamicTest  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post ScottWalsh