Charts not being saved in Workspace- about to give up on NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not being saved in Workspace- about to give up on NT

I take time to create the charts I want, but they are never saved with the Workspace and I have to start over every time. I'm about to give up on this software. Please tell me what can be going wrong. Data are NYMEX and IPE Futures, Charts have VOL Indicator, Charts are Minute and Second, and I have a dual monitor in Extended mode.
    Last edited by cjvernon; 12-19-2014, 02:40 AM.

Hello cjvernon,

Do you see charts and other NinjaTrader windows in the Windows task bar? If so, please restore the charts and other windows by clicking on them in the Windows task bar.

Please check if you see the workspace name of your workspace reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center? If so, it indicates the workspace is opened. However, if no charts and other windows appear in the Windows task bar, it indicates the workspace was not saved with the charts and other windows.

Could the following have happened? Upon closing down the software you closed the charts and other windows part of workspace. Subsequently when prompted to save your workspace, you clicked Yes or Yes to all. This caused your workspace to save without the charts and other windows, since they were closed.

This can happen if you shut down NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar. If you right click NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar and select Close, it will close all charts and other windows first and subsequently you will be prompted to save your workspaces. If you now click Yes, it will be saved without the charts and other windows.

You can restore your workspace if you have a backup file that contains your workspace saved with your charts and other windows. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Restore to restore any backup files you may have.

If not, unfortunately you will need to rebuild the workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Everything is open, on the taskbar, workspace name shows up on monitor. I click Save.

Can it be the dual monitor mode?

OK it just worked, when I did not (also) Save on Exit of the program. Also, my charts were on one monitor. You're a good luck charm- thanks.
      Last edited by cjvernon; 12-19-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I do not think dual monitors is causing the issue. Many users have dual monitors and do not experience missing windows of a workspace. Closing NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar is normally the culprit of empty workspaces. I am not sure why it does not work for you.

Can you please just create 1 chart. Subsequently exit NinjaTrader (Control Center-->File-->Exit) and select Yes when prompted to save the workspace. Start NinjaTrader and check if the chart is still there. If so, please create other charts and check again.

If the issue recurs, please tell me what steps you take just before you experience the issue again.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes