Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with orders in live trading

Hi,

I'm trading with live trading nt platform and i'm having serious problems with my stop limit orders, i was working nice in demo, so i don't understand where is the problem in real.

I trade in forex (usd/jpy) and i use stop limit orders to open a position and simple stop loss order.

Stop loss works nice, the problem comes when i want to open my position, the price jumps my order...wich turns in green but it is not submited. Where ir the problem? It maybe must be configurated or something? In demo it was working great, i don t undertand why now, with real money, it s not the same.

Sorry for my english, i'm spanish. Thank you, i hope you can help me.

Hello clioloko,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Problems with orders in live trading' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include at what time the order was not submitted.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, jason, it's sent

Comment

I have been trying, changing the offset in chart trader propieties, but the problem is still here, i put "1" in the offset, because in 1 min or 5 min charts, 4 pips are to much diference for an order.

Its a little hard for me to explain what i want, is there a way to talk in spanish about this? a phone number or something, maybe skype, i don't know, any kind of spanish support?

The price jumps my orders, or if it submit it, it doesn't submit it in the extact point where i wanted to enter. This should be exact if we are taking about 1 min charts.

Comment

Please use a larger offset for your stop limit orders to avoid the market trading through your order. If you enter a value of 1, the order can only execute at the order price or a half pip lower/higher.

Unfortunately we do not provide Spanish support.

Could it be you have 'Quote currencies (FX) in' set to TenthPip at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab? If so, please set it to HalfPip. IB uses half pips, you cannot submit orders based on tenth pips. It will be rounded to the nearest half pip.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes