blank chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank chart

I keep getting blank charts and have to restart ninjatrader to get the charts to load correctly, probably once or twice a day. Initially the problem went away by unchecking debug mode in the ninjascript, but it's still occurring. Often the tick data chart loads correctly, but when changing to minute charts it doesnt' load. How can I fix this?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am not sure this would have anything to do with the debug mode specifically so I don't think we need to factor that in.

This could potentially be caused by an indicator on the chart. Have you checked the Log tab when this happens to see if any errors are being reported?

Also if this is an indicator it may be helpful to open the Tools -> Output window to see if something gets printed regarding an indicator having an error.

If you do not see any of this I would recommend the next time this happens to send the log and trace files to our support right after it happens so we can see if there is anything being logged that may be helpful in telling what is causing this. just got to Help -> Mail to support when this happens and explain the issue in the text body and someone will be able to look it over.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didn't see an error, i will check the output window tomorrow. Even if I try to load a new chart w/o any indicators on it, it will still not load the minute data when ninjatrader is in that state.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for looking at that.

The next time this happens can you please send your log and trace files to me?

In the control center after this happens, go to Help -> Mail to Support and reference the following number in the text area: 1213103

I will take a look and see if I can find anything going wrong during the process of events that is happening.

Comment

Thanks, i just sent it

Comment

I'm still having this problem. The error you referenced in the email doesn't always occur when the charts don't load correctly.

Comment

Thanks for the update - Jesse is out today but I'll be happy to help.

In reviewing your files you sent, I did notice you were using custom session templates (eg, WriteRangesES).

Do you know if when the charts fail to load bars, if they're using these sessions? For debugging purposes on my end, can you please post a screenshot of the sessions that are setup for at least one of these custom templates so I can review?

Additionally, from Tools-> Options-> Data tab, can you tell me what settings you are using for historical chart data/real-time data (a screenshot will work here as well).
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

It fails to load bars in any session whether using ninjatrader CME US RTH session or my custom session.
                screenshot of template:
                Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

data tab screenshot:
                Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

hi i am still having this problem i need help to fix it

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I will reply to the email ticket you currently have to continue troubleshooting this with you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post llanqui
                    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                    0 responses