Opening Workspace causing NT to crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Workspace causing NT to crash

I'm using NT6.5.1000.1. When I start NT it restores workspaces that were previously open, and loads the data for the charts based upon the historical data I had stored. I then connect to my data feed, Zenfire, and the existing workspaces work fine. I then try to open a second workspace that exists, but is not currently open. Thats when the program crashes. Each workspace only has 2 active charts apiece.

Now, if I open the second workspace prior to connecting to my datafeed, and let NT load the historical data for those charts, and then connect to my datafeed, NT works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sounds like your workspaces are corrupt. Please follow the directions below, you will lose any saved workspaces.

- Shut down NT
    - Delete contents in the folder My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\workspaces
    - Restart NT
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still not working

So I tried your suggestion, and deleted my workspaces. I restarted and reloaded the 2 charts, and set up a new workspace. Then connected, and everything worked okay.

Then, I changed instruments on both charts, saved as a new workspace. Then closed that workspace, and attempted to reopen the original workspace. That's when NT essentially froze, and couldn't load the charts for that workspace. I then tried to close that workspace, and the whole thing froze.

Other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Hi,

I tested your steps on my end and I was not able to reproduce the issue; upon opening the 'original' workspace, it opened as expected.

I suggest to perform the steps Ray listed once more to see if you can reproduce the freeze up again.

In addition, can you please tell me your PC specifications, such as processor speed, amount of RAM and what version of Windows you are running.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still no luck

So I repeated the process, still having it freeze or crash. My computer setup is Windows XP-SP2, Intel 1.73 Ghz processor, and 1 GB RAM.

Comment

Hi,

Please send an email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com, put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and reference this post.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses