Make price transparent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make price transparent

When I set the price to transparent using the line chart, the chart shows up empty. I want to hide the price bars and only show the indicators on the chart. How do i do this?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Can you please attach a screen shot of your chart window and indicator parameters so I may further assist.

To capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the images to your reply.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. The problem is that the price axis just goes to 0. If i manually set it to a place where there is data it paints the chart, (ie: 2040 to 1900 for ES). However, if i try to change the price axis by dragging the y axis with my mouse, it goes back to 0 again.

Comment

Please reset your instruments with the steps I have provided below:
        • Disconnect
        • Tools
        • Options
        • Data tab
        • Reset Instruments

Next use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Documents
        • NinjaTrader 7
        • Open the db folder
        • Delete the cache folder
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • Connect

Next please open a new ES 12-14 chart with no template or indicators applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

i tried what you said, but it still does the same thing, i think this is a bug with ninjatrader.

Have you tried to replicate my error? I set the chart type to 'Line on Close'.
          Then I right click the chart,
          choose Data Series,
          then under the Chart Style I change
          color to Transparent.

Immediately the y-axis goes to 0 to .25 for ES or 0 to .01 for CL with no indicators. If I manually set the axis by right clicking the y-axis and choosing properties and then setting the Maximum and Minimum, I can see the lines drawn on my chart. If i use an indicator such as EMA, everything works as expected. If i then set the EMA color to transparent, the same thing happens.

Comment

When testing on my end the platform does not allow me to set the color for "Line on Close" to Transparent when using a single data series.

Can you please open a new CL 12-14 chart with not template or indicators applied and let me know if data is populated as expected.

Can you tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed which can be found under Help-->About.

Comment

Yes the data is populated correctly. I'm using ninjatrader 7.0.1000.22.

Please see at the attached image. http://www.screencast.com/t/ffFMIePd

Comment

I can reproduce this on my end have forwarded this to our development team. Also when you get a chance please close NinjaTrader then upgrade to version 7.0.0.1000.26 at the link below:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes