Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Connection When Computer "Sleeps"

Hi,

My trading system works 24/7 and seeing as it benefits from actively trading all day I would like the automatic execution to work all day.

The problem is every 20 minutes or so my laptop goes in to hibernation mode.

Its important for the computer to sleep as it can damage the screen being always on. But the problem is I lose connection on the NinjaTrading platform when this happens.

How can I resolve this issue so my computer doesnt burn out by being at full power 24/7 but my systems can run continuously?

Thank you

Tom

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

It is possible to maintain an internet connection after the computer goes into sleep mode. Below I have provided a link outlining steps on how this is done.

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

Please note that there is still a chance many programs will not function when in sleep. As an alternative, there are several options in Windows to simply dim the display.

More information on these options can be found at the following link:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have just gone through the steps of switching off the function on my network adaptor for my wifi router which allows it to go to sleep. (the steps were slightly different as I am using Windows 8).

However, i just tested it, left the house for an hour, when I came back the wifi was still on which is good, but when I touched my mouse and the computer woke up I had an alert that Ninja had been disconnected and quickly had to reconnect.

Are there any settings within Ninja I wonder to stop it being disconnected?

Thanks again

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

There isn't a setting in NinjaTrader to keep it active while the computer sleeps. My recommendation would be to instead set your PC to simply dim or turn off the display after a designated amount of time. More information on these settings can be found at the following link.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think there is an LCD monitor available that will get a burned-in image like the old mono CRT screens used in old industrial machinery that were on 24/7. The only problem with a laptop is the monitor will consume extra battery power but that should not be an issue with it being plugged in.

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rene69851  
          Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM