Collapse

Mysterious sim positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you press the details button and email us the text to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post?

Then:

Tools > Options > Simulator

Reset your sim account and restart.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply NTRay, unfortunately I closed the error dialog before saving the details. I think you can recreate this with a NT6 Zenfire trial feed, place a few simple strategy orders with say 20 tick stops, have a few of them go through and then disable the network connection. Immediately try to place another strategy order or close a position. It is possible that NT6 will attempt to repeatedly place hundreds to a thousand of the same order and become unresponsive. If you then close NT6 and restart NT6 while the data feed is still off, NT6 may give you the first Unhandled exception error shown previously or tell you that you can't run multiple copies of NT6. If you try to reboot WinXP then reestablish datafeed and succeeded (may have to delete default.xml as outlined previously), you may get hundreds of orders in the que with Zenfire, pending submission.
      Other readers please note that the 1333 series of duplicated orders never went through or got processed even in the simulator with Zenfire, although it is still online with Zenfire. Although you can't cancel them, it is likely they will be expired by the next day.

Comment

Sorry I can not reproduce. I tried:
        - connected to Zen
        - entered a few strategies with 1 stop/target on Sim101 resulting in a position
        - pulled the network cable
        - immediately closed the position

-> nothing happens as expected

Comment

Thanks for trying NTDierk

Thanks for trying NTDierk. This could be a Zenfire outage problem. In any case the spurious orders did not go away the next day and I reset the simulator account. NT6 seems to become a lot more responsive without the hundreds of Pending submission (that could be the reason the DOM wasn't scrolling properly).

This may happen only when Zenfire goes out instead of just a local network problem. Do you know if Zenfire stores these pending submission orders online on their server or is it just a local NT6 database? These spurious orders appeared only after NT6 is connected to Zenfire, but that could be just the way NT6 loading the local data for Zenfire simulation.

Thanks for the quick response. There are no further errors after the simulator data has been reset.

Comment

These orders did not make it to Zen since they are placed on the sim acount, meaning they are managed by NT only and maintained on your local PC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick