Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Feed provider

Hi,
    I have experience with 2 real time data providers - Continuum(free) and Kinetick(paid).

Now with Continuum: a) I am able to connect to continuum data for futures and
    b) am able to connect to IB for forex data at the same time.
    It works together just fine.

With Kinetick, however, there is a problem - even though I bought package with forex data, I am not really liking it - kinetick offers twice the spreads as IB data feed does.
    -> The problem is, I am not able to do the same thing I could do with Continuum for example.
    In other words, I can only choose between using Kinetick only or IB data only, since it is imposible to connect to Kinetick and IB simultaneously.
    My first question would be if that is Ninja's limitation? Or is this caused by Kinetick? Or IB?

Since I am not really satisfied with Kinetick forex data, I am looking for a way around it. Continuum+IB combo would work, if continuum offerd all the instruments I need, which it doesnt.

So I went through "Providers" under "Account connection setup" and I am willing to try them - I would like to know for which of the offered Providers is there the same posibility as with Continuum+IB. Meaning - which provider works simultaneously with IB data feed.
    Is it relevant question at this forum, or ninja does not have anything to do with it?

Hello fLife,

You can connect to Kinetick and IB simultaneously in NinjaTrader. However you only receive data from one of them - I think this is what you mean. This is a limitation of NinjaTrader which will be improved in NinjaTrader 8.

When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), you will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Both IB and Kinetick support all 4 instrument types, so the first connected connection will feed NinjaTrader with all data.

You need to connect to a provider that supports Futures but no Forex. This would be Rithmic or Continuum.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-14-2014, 03:17 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your clear post.
      Just one more question - If I canceled my forex data subscription with Kinetick and use it just for futures, would the forex slip through onto IB? The link you posted says: " Even if you do not have entitlement on your Kinetick account for certain futures, but you did on Zen-Fire, it will not fall over to Zen-Fire to pull data for those futures contracts since Kinetick's connection supports the futures instrument type"

Which is just the same situation, right?

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the same situation. If Kinetick is the first connected connection, it will receive forex data from Kinetick. If forex data is disabled, you will not receive forex data. Unless you connect to IB first.

Comment

Hi, another sillimanite question.

I trade fx through IB feed, but want to trade futures through kinetick feed.
          The strategies are all automated.
          And I need kinetick because I use orderflow.

Could you let me know the best way to do this?

Would it work if I disable the symbols setting to kinetick on the instrument settings?
          Is there any way to ask kinetick to stop feeding forex?
          Or can I run multiple ninja using the same id on different computers and login to the same IB account?

Could you please let me know how this can be done?
          Thanks.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

With this setup, all data will come from the first provider you connect to.

A fail over to a secondary connection would take place only if a provider did not support an instrument class. For example, if you connected to Provider 1 who offered futures data only then connected to a data source like Kinetick, all equity data requests would be passed on to Kinetick as Provider 1 does not offer stock data. If futures data is requested, that data request ends with Provider 1.

More information about using multiple data providers with NinjaTrader can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

If other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

What if I buy two ninja live account.

If I connect to kinetik then IB on the first ninja, would I be able to connect to IB from my second ninja using the same IB iid?

Would appreciate your advise.

Thanks

Comment

I do not think you can connect to the same IB account on two computers simultaneously. I suggest to confirm with IB. Please note that you can run only one NinjaTrader instance per computer.

In addition, Kinetick is a data feed only and not a broker. Am I correct you intend to trade in simulation when connected to Kinetick? If so, please send us an email for a free license key at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. You can then use the free license key on a second computer to trade in simulation while connected to Kinetick.

Comment

thank you.
                  I already have live account with kinetic.
                  I think i will have to connect to kinetic then ib, get ib fx bid ask using tws API, use memory mapping and fetch in fx quotes in ninja.

Comment

I know this is not the proper place to ask this question, but please allow me.
                    Is there any discount for second lifetime license?

Comment

I am not aware of such a discount. I suggest to contact our sales team at platformsales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rene69851  
                      Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes