Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to connect to TD Ameritrade account

Hey!

So I've been searching around a bit trying to find ways to connect to my TD Ameritrade account so I get live data feed.

I only have the free version downloaded and license key in use. I guess my main question is this: I want to use Ninjatrader to paper trade off live real time data. What would be the best way to paper trade on the NT platform yet have real time data? Would I need to purchase a license for the software and then connect to TD's data feed and sim trade that way? Or just purchase a Kinetick data plan?

Let me know! Thanks

Hello jakobe86,

Thank you for your post.

TD Ameritrade supports equities (stocks) data within NinjaTrader. You can connect to TD Ameritrade using the guide at the link below.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD AMERITRADE and specific connection configuration information.

If you would like data for futures and/or forex, you may want to check out another one of our supported data feeds that supports those instrument types for simulating. You can view this information at the "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider" section at the following link.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think my free version of NT allows that...

When I go to add an account connection it does not give me the option to select TD Ameritrade as a provider. Is this because I'm on the free version and need to buy a licensed copy of NT? Or am I just missing something?

Comment

Hello jakobe86.

Thank you for your response.

Are you using the Free Edition license key, which allows for simulation or the limited Direct Edition license key that is free, and allows for live trading?

I look forward to your reply.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ya know what I'm not 100% sure. But I think I maybe have just fixed it. I was using some license key given from ampfutures (some trial).. Just switched it back to the one sent to my email given when I first downloaded NT.

Now I'm able to log into my TD account!

However, when I try and load a chart I cannot see past historical data.. I can only see data within this past day of trading???

Edit: Some stocks will go back for a whole year.. others I cannot load that info that far back in time.
          Last edited by jakobe86; 10-02-2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Do you notice any consistency between the stocks that do not load the requested historical data?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and you select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

What interval (tick, minute, day, etc) is selected in the chart?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not really noticing any consistancy...
              If I load GPRO up i'll get full history. Same with AAPL. If I load GOOG it will only go back to April of '14. If I load up CYBR I'm only getting one day of data, and that's from 10/1/14.

So there really isn't any consistency that I am noticing.

If I reload all historical data nothing new is loaded and the chart remains the same

I'm trying to load the Daily charts going back 365 days.

Does it have something to do with my data feed?? Or some setting?
              Last edited by jakobe86; 10-02-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

When I test the free Kinetick EOD connection, I experience similar results for the GOOG and CYBR. GOOG loads data up to 3/27/2014 and CYBR loads data up to 9/24/2014. When I check Yahoo finance and load these stocks, I see similar amount of data.

Do you load 365 days of daily data in TD Ameritrade's platform for these stocks?

Comment

Yes, I just loaded up Think or Swim from TD Ameritrade. I am able to access all past data for any stock I put into a chart for 365 days daily with no issues... Yet, it is not translating into NT!

Heeelllpppp lol

Comment

Can you please disconnect TD Ameritrade and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the charts load the requested data.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

If data is still missing, please send me the log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Wanting to connect to TD Ameritrade account' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20141002 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20141002 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Did those two things and still can't pull past historical data for majority of charts.

Went ahead and emailed you those two log and trace files.

Comment

Originally posted by jakobe86 View Post
                        Yes, I just loaded up Think or Swim from TD Ameritrade. I am able to access all past data for any stock I put into a chart for 365 days daily with no issues... Yet, it is not translating into NT!

Heeelllpppp lol
                        Think or swim is not the same data feed and entirely different technology.

Use tda's strategy desk program.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                          Think or swim is not the same data feed and entirely different technology.

Use tda's strategy desk program.
                          So is that you saying there are some charts that simply won't load while using the TD data feed?

Comment

If I try and load indexes and stuff.. like RUT, DJIA, NDX .. those won't load at all either. But on TOS loads fine. So I'm assuming it isn't possible?

Comment

Can you please check if you can load the data in TD Ameritrade's Strategy Desk platform. As sledge mentioned, the TOS platform is a different data feed technology. If you cannot load the data, I suggest to contact TD Ameritrade for clarification.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes