hitting targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitting targets

I don't know if this is the right section but here goes.

1 - On the ES tick chart when I place a trade at say 1900.00 and the price hits it does nothing. Only when the price reaches 1900.25 does it Trigger and Enter the trade which is messing up the whole strategy.

2 - Same with an automated reverse. For example, if i place an auto reverse at 1901.00, the reverse action won't go through until the the price hits 1901.25.

Originally posted by ntpro View Post
    I don't know if this is the right section but here goes.

1 - On the ES tick chart when I place a trade at say 1900.00 and the price hits it does nothing. Only when the price reaches 1900.25 does it Trigger and Enter the trade which is messing up the whole strategy.

2 - Same with an automated reverse. For example, if i place an auto reverse at 1901.00, the reverse action won't go through until the the price hits 1901.25.
    Markets will generally trade through Limit orders in order to fill. Look up how price fills, based on the bid/ask spread. Buys fill at the Ask, sells fill at the Bid. How else do you think that the Market Makers make their money?

Comment

Hello ntpro,

Thank you for your post.

What are the order types in these scenarios? Please detail for both scenario 1 and 2.

Comment

hey patrick

For 1 I just right click buy/sell limit 1.

For 2 I do an ATM Strat on chart trader. I set a target and check rev at target.

Comment

Hello ntpro,

Thank you for your response.

Koganam is correct on these scenarios. The first scenario is a Limit Order and the second is likely using a Stop Limit order for the reversal.

For information on Limit Orders please visit the following link: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/limitorder.asp
          For information on Stop Limit Orders please visit the following link: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stop-limitorder.asp

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          6 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jgualdronc  
          Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Touch-Ups