market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay

Im having trouble getting the replay to work, I have two days of data recorded and connected to the replay connection and the controls pop up and i pull up a new chart I dont see where to exclude todays data and when I click play it doesnt do anything. Any suggestions?

Do you get data in any other window when running replay? Maybe you have gaps in data in the replay files?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I only tried to open 1 chart and it doesnt do any thing

Comment

i tried again the clock is running but the chart isnt doing anything

Comment

similar/same problem

Hello,

I seem to have the same issue. I've used replay some time ago and had no issues. I recorded today with two charts/markets as my default workspace. At market close I shutdown NT. THen I started NT and made the replay connection and selected today (4-10). The replay control comes up and allows me to click play. The clock in the title bar starts running, but nothing happens on the chart at all. I also tried opening a new chart, to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
            Hello,

I seem to have the same issue. I've used replay some time ago and had no issues. I recorded today with two charts/markets as my default workspace. At market close I shutdown NT. THen I started NT and made the replay connection and selected today (4-10). The replay control comes up and allows me to click play. The clock in the title bar starts running, but nothing happens on the chart at all. I also tried opening a new chart, to no avail.
            Oops, I think I see what's going on. The replay control starts at a time well before the actual recording time began. Try dragging the slider forward until you see the correct time/date that your actual recording began and see if that does the trick. Seems to have for me.

Comment

The recording will start the moment you press record and not the moment data starts flowing. Also be wary about the dates on your chart. If you have your chart set to load a time frame not contained in the replay you won't see any chart updates.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i only have two days recorded again the clock starts when I hit play but no chart data comes in even if I fast forward the whole day.

Comment

anyone answer over the weekend?

Comment

Hi ckait,

Yes, we do answer over the weekend. Would you mind sending your replay files to me at josh[at] ninjatrader[dot] com? Please also mention this thread in the email. Thanks.

Comment

unfortunately I was unable to find the replay file can you direct me to its location please?

Comment

Please use the NinjaTrader Backup tool: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...upArchive.html

Just check Market Replay data and send the created zip over. Thanks.

Comment

my utilities tab doesnt have a back up option i tried to email the trace logs did you get them?

Comment

Hmm. You should have the backup utility in your NinjaTrader. What version of NT are you on? If you are not on NT6.5.1000.1, please upgrade then try your replays again.

Comment

im not going to upgrade to 6.5 because the bugs all havnt been worked out enough for me to trust it yet. there has to be a simple reason why this isnt working with 6.0 im paying for ninja and the function works with 6.0 maybe im being a bit irritated but this doesnt seem to be to big of a hurdle to overcome. Please dont think im pissed at you josh im not ive just been having a time getting this thing to work wright if you think it cant be resolved over E mail perhaps a phone conversation could be arranged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton