Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add new instruments

Hi fellas,

Not sure if I'm limited by my version of NT, but I cannot add any new securities other than stocks and indices (by "cannot" I mean "will not save.").

In prior versions of NT and in the past, I've had no problem adding new currency crosses or futures instruments, as well as managing the contract rollovers. I've imported historical data as well.

In my current version, I have no ability to save new instruments. Within the instrument manager, I can select things like "Currency," "future," etc. I define each instrument (exchanges, ticks, currency, description as well as providing at least one symbol map), but when I go back to select these new instruments after creation, they do not appear anywhere. I can currently only filter by "Stock" and "Index," indicating that within my current NT version no currencies or futures exist anywhere (despite my efforts to create new ones).

Thoughts?

Hello cgeorgan,

I am not aware of any issues adding new instruments with the latest version of NinjaTrader.

I am happy to assist and I would like to give you a call.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cgeorgan View Post
      Hi fellas,

Not sure if I'm limited by my version of NT, but I cannot add any new securities other than stocks and indices (by "cannot" I mean "will not save.").

In prior versions of NT and in the past, I've had no problem adding new currency crosses or futures instruments, as well as managing the contract rollovers. I've imported historical data as well.

In my current version, I have no ability to save new instruments. Within the instrument manager, I can select things like "Currency," "future," etc. I define each instrument (exchanges, ticks, currency, description as well as providing at least one symbol map), but when I go back to select these new instruments after creation, they do not appear anywhere. I can currently only filter by "Stock" and "Index," indicating that within my current NT version no currencies or futures exist anywhere (despite my efforts to create new ones).

Thoughts?
      Sounds like your data feed does not provide them. What data feed are you using?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns