Fib Retracement / Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fib Retracement / Extension

When I set up these drawings and click set default . . . the setup is not saved and I have to go thru the process all over again when I apply the drawing again to the same chart or a different chart. I assume this is a bug or I am not going about saving the setup I want correctly. Thx Rick

Hi,

Please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you are running. You can check this under Help-->About. I just tested this in NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.1 and it worked as expected.

I applied the Fibonacci Retracements in a chart. I doubled clicked it and changed some settings and clicked "Set Default". I applied another Fibonacci Retracement in the same chart, but also a different chart and they were applied with the modified settings I saved by clicking "Set Default".
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason I am using the same ver as you. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have been trying to figure out why and i think at least one of the reasons is when NT is shut down and reopened the new default is not saved. Pls try that and see what you get. thx rick

Comment

Hi Rick,

I just tested it on my end and here is the outcome:

I applied the Fibonacci Retracement to my chart and modified some colors and clicked "Set Default".

I kept the chart opened and closed NinjaTrader. When NinjaTrader prompts me to save my workspaces, I clicked "Yes to all".

I restarted NinjaTrader and the default workspace loaded and it displayed the chart with the Fibonacci Retracements.

Then, I closed the chart and NinjaTrader. Clicked "Yes to all" again.

Now upon restart of NinjaTrader the chart does not load automatically (as expected). When I open up a new chart, it doesn't display the Fibonacci Retracement (as expected). However, when I draw a new Fibonacci Retracement on the chart, it still uses the same settings I modified the first time.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fibonacci Time Extentions

Can anybody tell me how to use this tool? It is different from one I saw in another software program.

Comment

Well you left click on one point and then extend it left or right to get the drawn extensions. A second left click will lock it in and complete the draw.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            19 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Radano
            by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
            0 responses