Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems like it may have something to do with minute data. Will you close your 1440 Min chart, rebuild it, and test for the issue for me?

I look forward to your response.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please see my edited post about the last 1440 min chart with the same troubles. The min data on the weekly chart updated with no issues.

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Weekly charts are built using daily data, not minute data. Please proceed with the test, and let me know if you continue to experience the error with a new 1440 minute chart.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the correction on data supplied to weekly charts. Also, thanks for the prompt assistance.

Yes, I am encountering the same issue on a new 1440 CL ETH chart. I am using kinetick.

Update: I once again started a new chart with the same elements and it loaded instantly using 176 days! 10 minutes ago I loaded that chart for 25 days and it simply sat there with 'Loading data..'. But just now I attempted it for 176 days, and it worked fine.

What is the issue?

Update: The 176 day chart that I thought was successful omitted lots of days. When I reloaded historical data it had the same issue.

Please advise.
          Last edited by nepenthean; 09-17-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I disconnected from kinetick and connected to continuum and then brought up a 1440 min chart for 10 days. It presented 2 bars! 'Reload historical data' was greyed out!

I should be preparing for tomorrow's business, but instead I am troubleshooting NT.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please try the following, and advise if you continue to experience the same behavior. Shut down NinjaTrader, go to (My)Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db. From within the "db" folder, delete the "cache" and "minute" folders. Relaunch NinjaTrader, reconnect and allow your charts a moment to load (This may take a bit longer than normal).

Please let me know if this behavior continues.

Comment

Yes, same thing. Now on my 1440 chart I have 1 bar. It will not reload historical data.

Comment

Please send a note to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com. It sounds like you are having a connection issue, and I need to see diagnostics files. The forum is not the best place to work on something of this nature.

Comment

Ever since I deleted the cache and minute folders in db I am unable to use an indicator based on minute data.

Also, why is 'Reload historical data' greyed out when I connect to continuum?

Please advise. This is becoming a nightmare.
                    Last edited by nepenthean; 09-18-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Can you please check if historical data is enabled as per your Continuum connection. Please go to Control Center-->Tools->Account Connections. Highlight your Continuum connection and click Change. Click Next and check if historical data is enabled. If not, please do so and click Next until you finish the connection. Restart NinjaTrader and check if you can reload historical data and if requested minute data is loaded.

If the issue remains, please send us an email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com including your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140918 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140918 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Repair database enabled me to finally load a 1440 without issue. I am surprised I had to repair the database since I re-installed NT less than 2 weeks ago.

Also, I am using the Rancho-Dinero indicator. Ever since I deleted the cache and minute folders it is not working properly. Their support told me to contact you as NT's storage features are outside of their domain.

I have a weekly chart using a composite profile going back to 2009 based on minute data. I have 1825 days loaded on the chart. It only has 9 months of volume data showing in the profile. I reloaded historical data and nothing changed.

Please advise.

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com for technical items such as this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cre8able  
                          Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                          0 responses