Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt upgrade query

Hello,
    When I originally installed NT some months back it installed in the Documents and Settings folder on my C drive. Until now I have left it there but as I am now going to upgrade to the new NT version I wondered if there are any special procedures I will need to take to install the upgrade into the proper program files folder.
    Thanks Phil

Hello Phil,

Upon installing NinjaTrader 6.5, you will be prompted to migrate your settings from NinjaTrader 6 to 6.5. If you already have NinjaTrader 6.5 installed (an older beta version), you can install NinjaTrader 6.5 (production version) on top of the beta version. It will automatically use the same settings and data, since the folder under My Documents remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have installed v6.5 4 (four) times now, and I simply cannot find any "migrate" option from my v6.0.

I've uninstalled via Control Panel, "removed" NinjaTrader v6.5 from the installation (an option there), manually deleted the My Documents data ... everything that I can think of. Each time v6.5 knows nothing about my simulated trades that I've been making over the past several months.

Now I am copying my v6.0 My Documents data to a new v6.5 sub-directory. I am attempted another installation to overwrite that v6.5 sub-directory, hoping that it might upgrade / patch the data. (I'm skeptical.)

Please help,

Brian1

Comment

>> Now I am copying my v6.0 My Documents data to a new v6.5 sub-directory.
        You NEVER should do that, since this could corrupt your installation.

Instead: Remove the file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/logs/Install.xml to have another chance to migrate your NT6 stuff.

Comment

Thanks so much. I have it going now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM