Connecting to IB with V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB with V4

When I first tried NT, Version 4 was released and I installed the lite version to try. I was unable to connect to IB. Ray worked with me but we were unable to get V4 to connect. As a last gap measure I tried V3 and was able to connect with no problem. I am now a subscriber using V3 for my trading and like it much better than other front ends I have used, but would still like to solve the V4 connect problem. I am posting this just in case someone out there had trouble moving from V3 to V4 but was able to solve the problem with a simple fix that did not require Ray's help so that he may be unaware of what was done. If you are that person I would appreciate knowing what you did.

Thanks,

Mark

imported post

Hi Mark,

Forgive me for not remember what had happened before. Have you reviewed this section and tried setting up V4 again?

http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/forum2/5.html

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray,

Yes, I have done it all several times . I have also disabled everything I could imagine interfering (virus protection, firewall, etc). I do have one program that uses IB data that is still installed but I no longer use. I am going to uninstall it and try again first chance. Perhaps some component of that software is interfering. The confusing thing is, of course, that V3 works flawlessly.

Mark

Comment

imported post

Just a thought Mike. I was connecting fine with NT Lite v4 to IB and then one morning it suddenly would not connect. I eventually discovered the Configure, API, "Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients" check box had been unchecked in TWS. Checking this box enabled the connection to work fine againand I have never had the problem recur. So make sure this check box in TWS is checked on.

Rob

Comment

imported post

I am also an IB/TWS user and cannot get Ninja 4.x to run. Yesterday I exchanged numerous emails with Ray and Vincent and cannot get it to go. We tried EVERYTHING.

Are other IB users having this problem?

I use Medved Quotetracker with TWS and no problem.

I really want to use Ninja, but this problem is making me look at other options.

Brooks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses