Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone using E-Signal EFS to AutoTrade FX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash

Ray,

This sample script is causing my build to crash. Any ideas on which versions have been tested on the E-Signal side? I have a feeling that when NT developed this with E-Signal, there must have been some agreement as to what is the lowest version that is suggested to run with NT.

I will have a better idea next week if my full blown script causes a crash.

Thanks as always,

Thomas.

Comment

Unfortunately no, idea. We built that sample here some time ago. I will put on my list to re-test this sample on the latest eSignal version.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks . . .

Ray,

I highly suspect that my version of e-sig is older than the version you tested on. In specific, the crash only occurs when you try to "unload" the sample efs. Otherwise, the functionality all works fine.

If you can load it, send a single order, and unload, without generating a crash, just let me know the version number you tested on so I can upgrade to that version.

Regards,

T

Comment

We tested with eSignal 8.X and 10.X.

Comment

Still crashing . . .

Guys,

I just upgraded to E-Sig 10, and I run the NTSample script. The order gets placed and everything, but e-sig generates a crash report the second the order is placed. I am not sure what the story is, but when I am looking at the output window for EFS it shows quite a few orders being sent when it really should only send one order.

I am going to try to work the script a little to see if I can make more sense out of it, but I would appreciate a script that was tested on NT's end, and verified that it does not cause a crash. If someone can tell me the exact conditions under which it is tested, that would help as well. Maybe a more robust sample script?

I think the problem is that the script just keeps sending orders without allowing one to get filled or something. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas.

Comment

The script we publish is tested and does not crash on our end.

Comment

Will test on a new machine . . .

I will try fresh installs on a new machine. Can someone just describe the testing conditions? Things like chart time-frame and such . . .

Will post back up with results later.

Comment

Still Crashing

I moved my testing to another machine. There is nothing else running on the machine, OS is XP. I freshly installed E-Signal 10, and NT 6.5. After install, restart the machine.

I opened E-Signal, loaded just one chart, 1-min, with the symbol "JPY A0-FX". The script that I have attached uses the symbol "$USDJPY" instead of getsymbol() so I am not sure if that is an issue.

With NT running, I make only a connection to my Gain account. All this works flawlessy. Then I load the NTSample.txt (renamed to .efs on my end), and the order gets transmitted without issue to NT, but E-Signal crashes immediately. I have even gone as far as testing the full commenting of the order send, but it still crashes.

I have been messing with this for two weeks, and have not been able to get just a test script to work. At this point, I would appreciate someone from development getting in contact with me to resolve the issue. I am sure it is just a config setting with what I am doing, but I would love to get this working.

I can be reached at arbifox "at" arbifox dot com.

Regards,

Thomas
                  Attached Files

Comment

We appreciate your efforts and understand your frustration. We understand that this is a real issue which some users experience and we tried to address and resolve it in the past but failed. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this issue at this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

You have GOT to be kidding me . . .

That's it, that's the answer? I can handle frustration to make something work, but I have never had a software company get back to me and say that a product "crashing" is an acceptable outcome, and that there is nothing that can be done about it.

So what instruments does the product work with? Has this been tested with Futures, or is this only an issue with FX instruments?

The order makes it through, so I am sure that it just some type of small side issue with the DLL. The fact that other customers have experienced the very issue, makes it more than an isolated incident.

Is there no hope of even having a development team look into the issue? As a software company, I would expect that the matter be at least examined and not dismissed as unsolvable. I have already sent the crash reports to E-Signal, and I am willing to help your team resolve if someone contacts me.

I am just more than a little surprised that the company's official response is that this happens, and we have no idea why.

Comment

We have tested this and can not reproduce. We believe its an issue with how eSignal addresses memory and this can't be debugged. Ultimately, it needs to be debugged on their end.

It is what it is unfortunately.

Comment

Sent crash reports to E-Signal

Ray,

Thanks for your response. Has anyone tested this using the exact script I have sent along with my last post? Perhaps this is just an issue with using $USDJPY in the script. Can someone give me a baseline on the test conditions on your end so I might be able to mirror it on my end?

I have already sent the crash report to E-Signal so I will start working with them. It would be nice if your dev team at least tried to reproduce the issue with the script I sent, there may be something simple in there that I have an error with. That test script is also three years old, maybe there is a newer one? Maybe some of the calls are outdated with the newest version of NT?

I apologize if this is a bit of an effort, but I assure you I am just trying to make this work. If a developer contacted me, I am sure I could get to the bottom of this with their help.

Regards,

Thomas.

Comment

We found a bug in the NTSample.efs template. This fix will be available with next NT6.5 update.

Please use this new template to "hard code" JPY-A0 FX again and you should have a starting point for further development.

Thanks for pointing out this bug.

Comment

Hello Dierk,

Could you post the fixed template efs here? I am starting to code EFS + NT DLL and I don't want to wait for the next NT update before I can start.

Regards,
                              Clearpicks

Comment

Please be patient. The next update will be available in the next few days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid