X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in NT

Hi ,

I did make strategy call 123 .

Everything works perfectly , but fibonacci extension has some technical issue with draw.
    For show me the patterns I do use triangle, where i do cach for buy signal point 1low, 2high,3low . if this I do apply by fibonaci extension , i get a crazy calculation. I did add exacly same rules liko for triangle.

Could u watch, what is wrong ?
    Attached Files

Hello Jakub,

Thanks for your post.

Have you validated your anchor points by using Print statements to look at the values as generated?

I look forward to your reply.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      thanks for reply!

Please see all attachments. If I do any mistake, I do apologise , but in my eye, is something wrong with NT.

Thanks
      Jake
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand you are using the Strategy wizard. Thank-you for adding the pictures of the strategy wizard settings and of the chart. I replicated what I could of your settings using 1000 tic data on Market Replay. I don't know what your trigger condition is so I triggered the Fib extension when a standard macd crossed over it average line just to be able to randomly place the Fib extensions. Please see the attached screen shot.

To analyze the issue you may want to start with a clean chart and just the fib extension strategy or even reduce to just the simple macd cross triggering fib extension as I've shown.

Attached Files

Comment

This is one of my first strategy. It is just visual 123 setup.I have exacly same set up like on picture.
          please see code.

Fibe ext. should project price higher . measured leg is bar 3low + 2high = fib extension pin to bar 1low

// Condition set 1
          if (Low[4] > Low[3]
          && Low[3] < Low[2]
          && Low[2] > Low[1]
          && Low[1] < Low[0]
          && High[3] < High[2]
          && High[2] > High[1]
          && High[1] < High[0]
          && Low[3] < Low[1]
          && High[0] >= High[2])
          {
          DrawTriangle("My triangle" + CurrentBar, false, 3, Low[3], 2, High[2], 1, Low[1], Color.Green, Color.Green, 2);
          DrawText("My text" + CurrentBar, "B2A", 3, Low[3] + -1 * TickSize, Color.Green);
          DrawFibonacciExtensions("My fibonacci extensions" + CurrentBar, false, 3, Low[3], 2, High[2], 1, Low[1]);
          }
          Last edited by Jakub; 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Thank-you for your reply and for sharing your code.

I copied the code into the strategy wizard and was unable to find a condition that would cause the Fib extension and triangle to draw. I created another strategy set using the exact same Fib extension settings and triangle drawing and used a macd crossover to trigger the placement of the triangle and the fib extension and had no issues drawing either object. Please see the attached picture.

Your concern in your first e-mail is the functionality of the fib extension as used in the strategy wizard. I have tested this twice and found no issue with the fib extension tool. I would again encourage you to simplify your testing to verify the fib tool functionality on your end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Attached Files

Comment

thank you for your post.

Maybe fib extension works with macd condition , but I do not use any indicator. Just price action rules. U can see, fib. retracement works perfectly.Same condition have Fib.ext. + anchor 3 and fib ext. have bug.

Please may you ask somebody else for this problem ?
              Thanks
              Jake
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Thank-you for your reply.

The macd is used in my example as a means to trigger the application of the fib extension as I was unable to get your price action logic to trigger drawing the fib extension. It doesn't matter what is used to trigger the fib extension in this case as we are trying to address your concerns about the functionality of the fib extension. I did not use fib retracement, that is not the issue you identified.

Please create a simple chart with the data you used, remove all other indicators and strategies and replicate what I have shown you to validate on your end the functionality of the fib extension.

To assist you further in isolating the issue, I would like to replicate your set-up as best I can on my end. Please identify your data supplier, the date(s) of the data you are showing in your charts, what your local time is on the charts. I understand you are using the NQ June contract, 1000 tic.

Comment

Thanks for reply .

I know now what do u mean. I have some basic of programing in nt , and I would like get more experience. The language in nt is C# . Is any education program for this language ? Where I can get real expeience ? Also NT8 comming soon. In NT8 will be same language like in nt7 ?

Also if u can tell me, which program comunicate with ninja language ? I wanna get experience with NT.

Thanks for any info.

Have nice day

Jake

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Were you able to resolve the issue with fib extension?

Regarding the questions you asked. NinjaScript is based on C#. NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 both use C#.

We have a comprehensive help guide that goes through the available NinjaScripts items and even some basic tutorials on creating your own script: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies. These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.
                    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30
                    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3229

NinjaTrader will be offering FREE premium education on NinjaScript in the future but the schedule has not yet been set. Here is a link to the Live education support page which is where the premium courses will be listed when they are available. http://www.ninjatrader.com/Education.php

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post drewski1980  
                    Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes