Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding contract in Chart and combining DOM/Chart

Hi fellow members,

New user of NT; love it but I have a rookie question and somehow I don't seem to figure it out by myself!

First of all: I wanted to add the GC 09-14 contract to my charts. NT tells me this is not possible (it doesn't say it's not possible, it just won't pop-up when I press 'enter' or 'new. I am only able to chart the 12-14 GC contract. What am I missing? I entered: GC 09-14, also tried GC 9-14,. but it doens't work..

My second question is: I use Chart trader with an ATM strategy. I like trading this way since I only trade technical paterns and volume. Now my question is: I want to connect the Super DOM to my Chart Trader. So instead of having my chart trader AND my DOM in another tab, 'pasted 'over my chart trader. I want to integrate the DOM into my Chart, so that it is one 'tab', so to speak. Right now, as soon as I change somehting in my chart trader, my tab with the dom drops to the background. Is it possible to intergrate them since I do need the L2 to place my orders more accurate.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Paul

Hello AgoErgoSum,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forum.

By default, NinjaTrader does not come pre-configured for odd months in Nymex Gold contracts. However you can certainly add that by editing the instruments, here is a link to the help guide on editing instruments: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm To bring a prior version of a contract into a chart it must first be loaded into your available instruments list. This is done through the Instrument Manager which can be found in the NinjaTrader Control Center under the Tools menu. Here is a link to the help guide about the Instrument Manager: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt_manager.htm

Regarding your question of integrating the SuperDom with chart trader and chart, this is not possible. You may want to explore using the option on the SuperDom of enabling it to always be on top so that when you work on the chart, the SuperDom will always be on top and will not go into the background. To enable "always on Top", on the SuperDom, right mouse click and select "Always on Top".

Again welcome to the forum and please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul,

DOM is fixed. I'll take a look at the links you send me!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Rapine Heihei