How to set candle height to only integer values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set candle height to only integer values

I've got a problem with chart. I am using simulated data similar to polish WIG20 Futures (average value is 2400, typical daily changes +- 10. The best result I have when tict is set to 0.2 (if I set tict size to 1 daily changes are to large and they are not real).
    And the problem. Sometimes candles on the chart are excellent and their high is equal to integer values for example between 2400 to 2401 and upper shadow is for example up to 2402. It looks like needed futeres (http://www.gpw.pl/kontrakty_terminowe -> FW20U1420, tict size is 1). All candles height and shadows are integer value. It is exactly I need it. But in most cases their height on chart corresponds to tict size and candles height changes with 0.2 point step, for exaple: 2399.2/2400.2/2388.0/2388.6
    Question. Witch parameter I should set to have automatically converted values to integers when time period (for example one minutes) is closed? Sometimes it works fine, but I don't know how to set it!
    Last edited by krzysztof; 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Does the display in the chart differ from last price in some way? I don't totally understand what you are asking about these values.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a problem with explaining it in English language. Look. Polish futures fw20 have a tict size equal 1. But if I set the value in the simulator daily changes are to high. Then, I am using value 0.2. Sometimes on chart data are automatically converts to integer values (it is fine) and in most cases not (I think, I set some parameters but I don’t know which one).

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Please provide me with an image of your chart.
        To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        For detailed instructions please visit the following link
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Screenshot:

Comment

Hello krzysztof,

If you use a tick size of 0.2, it can produce decimal values, like 2400.2 or 2401.8. Unfortunately there is no setting that will produce only integer values when using a tick size of 0.2. I suggest to use a tick size of 1 if you like to have only integer values in the chart.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes