Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Interactive Brokers Price feed?

Hi there

My setup is using eSignal for data feed, and IB as broker. I mainly trade Asia futures contracts, and I connect to IB server in Hong Kong.

My problem is, during Asia trading hours, the IB server in the US reset every day around 23:45-0045 ET. While it doesn't affect my broker connection to IB's Hong Kong server, I got these errors

Log entries:
    Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=connected, Price feed=Disconnected
    HMDS data farm connection is broken:ushmds HDMSDataFarmConnectionBroken

My questions:
    1) Can I avoid these errors, say, by specifying eSignal as my only Price feed, and do not connect to IB's Price feed? Any other solutions?

2) If I set my strategy to "Keep Running" during this period, will my strategy be able to place order because the IB Primary connection is actually connected?

In my IB connection settings, I tried setting "Historic Data > Disabled. I will use another connection for historical data", but it seems NT is still using IB for realtime price feed.

Your help will be much appreciated.

mktrader123, your understanding is correct - the way you have it setup IB would be the realtime feed. You can just switch the connect order to let NT use eSignal for both realtime and historical data requests, so IB would only be your order execution connection.

That way your running script should be less impacted.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thx for the quick reply.

Do you mean to connect eSignal first and IB second?

I am actually connecting in this sequence already, but it seems the errors are still there. Can I avoid those errors?

Also, if I set my strategy to "Keep Running" during this period, will my strategy be able to place order because the IB Primary connection is actually connected?

Comment

Correct that was the idea, if you do that already > NT will use all data from the primary eSignal connection since it would offer all instrument types we support. The farm error would still be noted in the logs as it's given to us by the API we connect to. Since you don't see a full ConnectionLost I would expect the order routing to be still available for the account.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes