RSS feeds Add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSS feeds Add

Hello, I would like to add Rss feeds from WSJ in reader but I can not bring, because I can not find where I can use the address.
    Can someone please tell me how do I do that?
    Thank you

Hello Pierchen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Only the RSS Feeds in the Options menu (Tools --> Options --> RSS) are available: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/rss_tab.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Pierchen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Only the RSS Feeds in the Options menu (Tools --> Options --> RSS) are available: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/rss_tab.htm
      Hi

How can I add instruments to the RSS Feeds please

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for writing with your post today.
        If you wish to add an instrument to the RSS Feed, you will need to add it to the RSS instrument list.
        • First go to Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager to be able to add instruments to the appropriate list
        • Select the RSS instrument list through the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
        • Find the instrument you wish to add to the RSS feed, ensure it is selected by left clicking on it
        • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
        • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
        • Now the available news is sent from the enabled RSS feeds to the News window in NinjaTrader for any instrument assigned to the RSS instrument list.
        Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries and questions you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrendanC View Post
          Hello mrken11,

Thank you for writing with your post today.
          If you wish to add an instrument to the RSS Feed, you will need to add it to the RSS instrument list.
          • First go to Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager to be able to add instruments to the appropriate list
          • Select the RSS instrument list through the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
          • Find the instrument you wish to add to the RSS feed, ensure it is selected by left clicking on it
          • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
          • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
          • Now the available news is sent from the enabled RSS feeds to the News window in NinjaTrader for any instrument assigned to the RSS instrument list.
          Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries and questions you may have.
          Hi

I followed your instruction and now have 3 instruments added to the RSS feed. Where will I find the new window please

Comment

Hello mrken11,
            Thank you for writing in with your response.

When the instruments are added to the RSS instrument list, you should open the News window to receive data that is available.
            To access the News window, go to Control Center > File > New > News
            RSS news will now stream into the News window for any instrument added to the RSS instrument list as long as you are connected to a data provider.
            Here is a link to this section of our Help Guide that gives additional details as to how to operate this window: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ews_window.htm

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance.

Comment

Hello mrken11,
              Thank you for writing in with your response.

When the instruments are added to the RSS instrument list, you should open the News window to receive data that is available.
              To access the News window, go to Control Center > File > New > News
              RSS news will now stream into the News window for any instrument added to the RSS instrument list as long as you are connected to a data provider.
              Here is a link to this section of our Help Guide that gives additional details as to how to operate this window: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ews_window.htm

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance.
              Hi

I sent you a private message. Kindly respond.

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for your post and message however I will be responding in the forum so that others can benefit from this information, additionally we are unable to offer direct support through the forums via the message function. If you would like to receive direct assistance with this subject, you may write to us at platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com, and we can assist you directly through email.

Considering that you mentioned you added 3 instruments to the list, it may be that there is no news available for those three instruments. Which instruments did you add to the RSS instrument list so that I can test and see if I can get any news for them?

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for your post and message however I will be responding in the forum so that others can benefit from this information, additionally we are unable to offer direct support through the forums via the message function. If you would like to receive direct assistance with this subject, you may write to us at platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com, and we can assist you directly through email.

Considering that you mentioned you added 3 instruments to the list, it may be that there is no news available for those three instruments. Which instruments did you add to the RSS instrument list so that I can test and see if I can get any news for them?
                  Hi

MES, RTY, M2K, MNQ

Thanks

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for your additional post with these details.
                    I was able to test these instruments and see if I could receive any news for them while connected to NinjaTrader continuum and did not receive any news. This can conclude that there is currently no news available for these instruments. I was able to capture a screen video of the process I took to test this: https://www.screencast.com/t/pfxv7Dpf5eXn
                    Not shown in the video, but I tested other instruments and was able to receive news. For example when I added the AAPL instrument, I was able to receive news for that instrument. Just as working with live market data, some providers offer data and news for certain instruments but may not have it available for others. In this case there is no news for these instruments.

Please let us know if we may further assist.

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for your additional post with these details.
                      I was able to test these instruments and see if I could receive any news for them while connected to NinjaTrader continuum and did not receive any news. This can conclude that there is currently no news available for these instruments. I was able to capture a screen video of the process I took to test this: https://www.screencast.com/t/pfxv7Dpf5eXn
                      Not shown in the video, but I tested other instruments and was able to receive news. For example when I added the AAPL instrument, I was able to receive news for that instrument. Just as working with live market data, some providers offer data and news for certain instruments but may not have it available for others. In this case there is no news for these instruments.

Hi

Thank you for the update. How do I get news on NT7 for the said instruments.

Thanks
                      Ken

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for writing with your response.
                        Upon further testing, I found that I was unable to receive data for these exact instruments while connected to Continuum as I previously discussed, however when I tried to receive news for these instruments and then connect to Kinetick, I found that I was able to receive the news for these instruments. I believe if you would like to see the news for those instruments, you may have to look for a data provider that provides news to those instruments such as Kinetick that offers and supplies that data.

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for writing with your response.
                          Upon further testing, I found that I was unable to receive data for these exact instruments while connected to Continuum as I previously discussed, however when I tried to receive news for these instruments and then connect to Kinetick, I found that I was able to receive the news for these instruments. I believe if you would like to see the news for those instruments, you may have to look for a data provider that provides news to those instruments such as Kinetick that offers and supplies that data.

Hi

Are there any NinjaScript news addons for NT7 similar to the NT8 above?

Thanks

Comment

Hello mrken11,

Thank you for your response.
                            Currently, I am unaware of any indicators that are native to NinjaTrader or the NinjaTrader user app share that provides news information similar to the Kinetick connection. From what I know I and from what I tested, I could only get the news for those instruments to appear when I tested with the Kinetick connection and like I said, I am unaware of an indicator that replicates that function.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Aviram Y