Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security question

Hi Support and Community,

not sure if it`s the right section for this type of Q`s.I have a few questions.For instance,i want to have someone to trade my strategies via NinjaTrader,but i do not want them to be able to see what kind of the indicators i use.So,is there a way to make the indicator button inactive somehow?The second question is for the Windows 8 users.How do i lock the folder?Should i look for the 3-rd party soft that do that,or it`s possible to accomplish via W8 tools?

Thank you

Originally posted by cachevery View Post

not sure if it`s the right section for this type of Q`s.I have a few questions.For instance,i want to have someone to trade my strategies via NinjaTrader,but i do not want them to be able to see what kind of the indicators i use.So,is there a way to make the indicator button inactive somehow?The second question is for the Windows 8 users.How do i lock the folder?Should i look for the 3-rd party soft that do that,or it`s possible to accomplish via W8 tools?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Sledge,the question was not about protecting the source code,the edit option is not availabe via free NT license.The question about removing the indicator button or making it inactive and to protect the folder with the indicators.Maybe someone did smth similar and can share their XP.

Comment

Hi Sledge,the question was not about protecting the source code,the edit option is not availabe via free NT license.The question about removing the indicator button or making it inactive and to protect the folder with the indicators.Maybe someone did smth similar and can share their XP.
        You may be able to hide various NT windows/forms if you can hook into the messaging queue, and redirect the calls to the null device. That will require deep Windows internals system programming skills. Or you can use a third party hooker like AutoIT, to trap every possible sequence of operations that open the indicator dialog box, and redirect the output in some innocuous manner as you may want.

You protect folders using NTFS permissions.

Comment

I haven't protected any code, but how/why would I know what indicators your strategy is using if the code is protected?

Comment

Thank you
            So just build the indicators into the Strategy file directly, doing all data handling in the file itself. That way, there are no indicators to expose at all.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              You may be able to hide various NT windows/forms if you can hook into the messaging queue, and redirect the calls to the null device. That will require deep Windows internals system programming skills. Or you can use a third party hooker like AutoIT, to trap every possible sequence of operations that open the indicator dialog box, and redirect the output in some innocuous manner as you may want.

You protect folders using NTFS permissions.
              Great to know it`s possible.I`ll hink it over.Thanks Koganam!

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                So just build the indicators into the Strategy file directly, doing all data handling in the file itself. That way, there are no indicators to expose at all.
                I won`t be able to do that.I have only several indicators that are the monster indicators with the tenth thousands of lines.Some of them are publicly free.So i want just to hide everything,and left them with the Buy/Sell buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  I haven't protected any code, but how/why would I know what indicators your strategy is using if the code is protected?
                  i used the term 'trading my strategies' in a common general way,NOT in a way of the NT strategy feature.

Comment

i used the term 'trading my strategies' in a common general way,NOT in a way of the NT strategy feature.
                    So rename then and protect them.

I just hope the original authors of said code don't find you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post AaronKoRn  
                    Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post carnitron