Collapse

Connecting to TD Ameritrade External Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. Thanks for feedback and sorry again for the hassle.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem with connecting to TDAmeritrade. I tried all the steps that are listed in this thread. Yet, I am unable to connect. Also, I am unable to install the custom build that is posted in this thread. Get error code 2356. Any suggestions?

Comment

Uninstall your old NinjaTrader build
        Download the new build
        Clear your browser cache
        Reinstall the new build

See if that works. Clearing the browser cache is an important step.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You guys ROCK!!!

Comment

Problem to find Ameritrade

Hello there. We have a problem to add our data provider Ameritrade. We can't find in provider list their name.

We have same Ninja (same version) on other PC and there is no problem to find Ameritrade provider.

We have tried to uninstall it, install it again etc, but nothing works.

Thank you for your help.

GE.

Comment

Please apply the same license key as on the other PC.

Comment

I cant find ameritrade in the dropdown list either, I use amp with zenfire

Comment

Timmyb,

You would need a multu-broker version to be able to trade live through TDA and Zen-Fire simultaneously.

You can find purchase information on our website at the link below -

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what if i didnt want to trade live and just receive the td data??

Comment

You would still need a multi-broker license.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                        You would still need a multi-broker license.

But, if have accounts both with Zen-fire and Td Ame, just want to grab realtime data to NT to test out strategies/simulate first. Not wanting live trading yet.

Not talking abt simulataneous connection, but today wan to test out Equities with TDAme . Tomorrow with Zen for future. Can I use NT for my trial runs without buying NT licence now.

If cannot, that is a lot of limitation as you cannot tell if the two or more brokages of my choice can integrate well with NT, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ngvita View Post
                          But, if have accounts both with Zen-fire and Td Ame, just want to grab realtime data to NT to test out strategies/simulate first. Not wanting live trading yet.

Not talking abt simulataneous connection, but today wan to test out Equities with TDAme . Tomorrow with Zen for future. Can I use NT for my trial runs without buying NT licence now.

If cannot, that is a lot of limitation as you cannot tell if the two or more brokages of my choice can integrate well with NT, right?
                          Yes, you can do that without buying a license using our free version license key. If you do not have this key, please send an email to support asking for the free version key.

Comment

Not sure if this fix was included in a subsequent point release, but there is definitely some sort of problem with the Ameritrade integration. It is somewhat transient, and seems to be due to a mismatch in expected positions (or something vaguely related

Here are the two lines from the log file that I believe are relevant:

2009-01-17 08:24:27:272 (Ameritrade) Tda.Callback.PositionsCallback: '2'
                            2009-01-17 08:24:27:273 ERROR: Tda.Callback.PositionsCallback: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Restarting NT doesn't fix this problem, you will just continue hanging with it saying "Connecting..." in the bottom left corner. I cleared my browser cache, and then i was able to connect. I'm not 100% sure the browser cache clear was what fixed it. I had this problem once before and it cleared up on its own without me clearing the browser cache.

Anyway, Its working for me ok now, but there is a problem there somewhere...

Comment

Hello,

Someone will reply to your post on Tuesday. Thank you for your patience.
                              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We would need a reproducible scenario in order to understand the error in your trace file. In case you can reproduce at will we would need to connect to your TDA live account. Please let us know if that would be feasible and we take if from there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Quanto, 04-17-2024, 10:43 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Quanto
                                by Quanto

Started by Irukandji, Today, 03:06 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Irukandji  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, 04-25-2024, 03:58 PM
                                17 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                                Started by nleitman, Today, 11:46 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post nleitman  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, 03-20-2024, 07:01 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ScalpRule  
                                Working...
                                X