Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Strategy event triggering Ninjascript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy event triggering Ninjascript?

I am a long time Ninjascript programmer, but I'm new to ATM strategies. Is there any way to trigger an event of any kind in Ninjascript when an ATM strategy has an event like an order being filled? Given some of the other posts I've seen it looks like once ninjascript creates an ATM, it is then disconnected from the ninjascript and whatever happens is isolated and unavailable? This seems really strange to me, as how do you manage the next steps in your automated trading strategy when you don't know what the ATM did?

What am I missing?

Edit: Ok, now I see that you can check the status of the ATM from within OnBarUpdate(). But is there anything that is real-time, that is more my question. If I've got 60 min. bars and I start an ATM, then it will be 60 minutes before I get the status of an ATM fill. Can OnExcute or OnUpdate get the status of the ATM?
    Last edited by tradetree; 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM.

Hello tradetree,

That is correct, if you choose to use the Atm Strategy Methods NinjaTrader will take over and the normal NinjaScript order methods will not fire (such as OnExecution, OnOrderUpdate, OnPositionUpdate).

Instead, you can track the status of the orders in the Atm using the Atm Strategy Methods such as GetAtmStrategyEntryOrderStatus(), GetAtmStrategyStopTargetOrderStatus(), and GetAtmStrategyUnrealizedProfitLoss().

Below is a link to the help guide on Atm Strategy Methods.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
    3 responses