Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Going crazy with my Ninjatrader (Order routing via Interactive Brokers) + Kinetick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going crazy with my Ninjatrader (Order routing via Interactive Brokers) + Kinetick.

Hi all,

Warning before you consider Ninjatrader with Interactive Brokers and Kinetick, think again.

This has been the worst experience of my life trying to figure out why I can't place limit orders via my Ninjatrader (API with Interactive Brokers account) and Kinetick data feed in after market hours.

I'm about 4 days away from abandoning any investment I've made in Ninjatrader, BECAUSE no one can help me. I'm constantly getting the run around,

- Ninjatrader: Its not Ninjatrader its IB.
    - IB: We just process the orders you send us, must be Ninja or data provider Kinetick.
    - Kinetick: They can't support me because they don't work past 6PM

My issues are with placing Limit orders in the evening, BECAUSE I'm a swing trader. I feel like this must be some elaborate practical joke. I just cancelled my Kinetick and subscribed to Interactive Brokers data which is costing me $100+ monthly and I still can't place limit bracket orders via Ninjatrader to my Interactive brokers. I'm constantly having to go into IB's TWS and manually create the bracket order.

Is there anyone out there who has this setup and successfully placing limit orders in after market hours:

- Ninjatrader NT7 connected to Interactive Brokers TWS v443 (with and/or without data)
    - Kinetick Real-time data subscription

There's got to be someone else with the exact same setup who can help me. Otherwise 1.5 years of my trading life with Ninjatrader down the drain (biggest waste of time)!

Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration.

So that I may further investigate this issue please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration.

So that I may further investigate this issue please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread.
      I'm having a similar problem placing ETH limit orders with NT7 to IB. I've enabled after hours in IB's global configuration and I'm able to place ETH orders with IB's Trader Workstation. I've enabled "Trigger after hours" in NT's account wizard, but when I place a buy limit order with NT and then go look at the IB order window, it is always a RTH order and won't execute until normal hours. Am I missing something? I've searched the web and help files and can't find a solution.

Thanks.

Andor1999

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread, the time that the irder was placed and a copy of today's log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150812.txt"
        You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150812.txt"
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

From the NJ Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers

Trigger after hours: Enable this if you want stop orders to trigger outside of standard trading hours. This will only work if you also have "Allow order to be activated, triggered, or filled outside of regular trading hours" enabled in TWS (Configure > Order > Order Presets > Timing menu)

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMusic View Post
            From the NJ Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers

Trigger after hours: Enable this if you want stop orders to trigger outside of standard trading hours. This will only work if you also have "Allow order to be activated, triggered, or filled outside of regular trading hours" enabled in TWS (Configure > Order > Order Presets > Timing menu)
            Thanks, Zen. I've done that and was still having the problem of limit orders placed in NT being 'tagged' for regular trading hours only.
            But now it is working. I placed a limit order today during regular hours and looked at the order queue in IB and it was tagged for execution from 4am to 8pm.
            Also placed a limit order after hours and it was immediately filled (as I intended).
            I don't know what changed, but placing limit orders after hours definitely works once enabled in NT accounts wizard and IB's Global setting.
            BTW. For anyone else reading this:
            This 'tagging' I refer to is determined by the color of the clock icon in IB's Trader Workstation. Each order in the queue has a clock icon. It will have a little yellow line in it if it's going to allow execution outside of normal trading hours. Otherwise the icon is just bluish. If you put the pointer over the clock icon, the actual allowed execution time range will pop up.
            Also, stop orders of any kind aren't allowed after hours. The exchanges just don't support them.
            I imagine they will be 'tagged' for execution during regular hours only.
            Last edited by Andor1999; 08-13-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jonker
            by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM
            0 responses