Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay

Hi Support,

How do i keep exactly 5 days on the Replay?I want to start Replay on each Monday,with exactly 5 days on the chart/

Thanks

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
    Hi Support,

How do i keep exactly 5 days on the Replay?I want to start Replay on each Monday,with exactly 5 days on the chart/

Thanks
    You could set days to load to 5 (well, probably 7 including saturday/sunday).

But I don't see how the 1st Monday would roll off and disappear.. replay just keeps adding to the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      You could set days to load to 5 (well, probably 7 including saturday/sunday).

But I don't see how the 1st Monday would roll off and disappear.. replay just keeps adding to the chart.
      Yes,that`s the problem.It keeps adding ''unnecessary'' data.Same witth the "Bars to load" option.If i want to load exactly 1000 Bars on my screen,why it keeps addin?Where`s the logic of the developers??????WHY IT KEEPS ADDING?IT SAYS HOW MANY BARS TO LOAD!!!

Comment

Yes,that`s the problem.It keeps adding ''unnecessary'' data.Same witth the "Bars to load" option.If i want to load exactly 1000 Bars on my screen,why it keeps addin?Where`s the logic of the developers??????WHY IT KEEPS ADDING?IT SAYS HOW MANY BARS TO LOAD!!!
        I generally review the trades in my market replay on your charts based on a strategy I am testing.

I run it over night for a ES contract of 4 months with a strategy and review the next day.

My desktop is circa early 2006 with windows XP and my laptop is 2008 with vista and a slightly slower processor overall than the desktop, 3 gigs memory each.

Are you running into performance problems? There are noted performance problems with "over trading" in replay and drawing a ton of objects .

Comment

I generally review the trades in my market replay on your charts based on a strategy I am testing.

I run it over night for a ES contract of 4 months with a strategy and review the next day.

My desktop is circa early 2006 with windows XP and my laptop is 2008 with vista and a slightly slower processor overall than the desktop, 3 gigs memory each.

Are you running into performance problems? There are noted performance problems with "over trading" in replay and drawing a ton of objects .
          No,nothing like that.The only problem i have is that i want a CONSTANT/FIXED amount of bars or days on my screen.I belive there would need to be some custome coding to achieve that.May be you are aware of such indicator?

Comment

No,nothing like that.The only problem i have is that i want a CONSTANT/FIXED amount of bars or days on my screen.I belive there would need to be some custome coding to achieve that.May be you are aware of such indicator?
            The closest I have come to a set amount of bars on a screen is clicking in the lower time frame area and moving the mouse left/right to adjust the size of the bars and then adjusting the chart.

This is of course assuming time based charts (ie, minute based charts).

Comment

The closest I have come to a set amount of bars on a screen is clicking in the lower time frame area and moving the mouse left/right to adjust the size of the bars and then adjusting the chart.

This is of course assuming time based charts (ie, minute based charts).
              Yes,it`s okay when your are using your right scale based on the ScreenDateRange,but i`m using the right scale based on EntireDateRangeSeriesOnly.And when the bars piling in,my picture is screwd.

Comment

Yes,it`s okay when your are using your right scale based on the ScreenDateRange,but i`m using the right scale based on EntireDateRangeSeriesOnly.And when the bars piling in,my picture is screwd.
                Ack! Never used that option!

Can you post some pics so NT_support has a very good idea when the happen upon this tomorrow or Sunday?

Comment

Ack! Never used that option!

Can you post some pics so NT_support has a very good idea when the happen upon this tomorrow or Sunday?
                  I`d rather provide you with the example of what i need.(Please see the attached).The enclosed is a kind o template i want to have.If you will load it on your chrt you`ll see,as the new bar comes in the last one goes out.That way i have exactly what i want.The problem is that the indicator have no use with the other indicators,i can`t use my indicators with it.And that`s really BAD!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello cachevery,

Thanks for your message.

It would not be possible to have the chart automatically remove previous days/bars with the advancement of new days/bars. The Days To Load/Bars To Load is designed to be how many days/bars to load at opening the chart, not how many days/bars to display on the chart at all times.
                    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses