Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Issues

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry, but there is a total mess going on with my market replay data. First of all I erased all data at the historical data manager for the EURUSD. Then in Options I activated the recording for replay data. In the market analyzer i activated the currencies I want to be recorded.
    Then I started the market replay for EURUSD, but it doesn't work. I can see some data from the last two days, but when I press on PLAY the price jumps up for around 100 Pips, there it draws for some time, but then freezes again. Even at 500x it's not moving anymore.

I really don't know what to do. I appreciate your answers.

All the best, thowefx
    Last edited by thowefx; 05-08-2014, 05:22 AM.

Hello thowefx,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Market Replay data and Historical data will be different data types. You download Market Replay data by going to File > Utilities > Download Replay Data, however, there is no Forex data available from the Market Replay servers. So you can instead go to Tools > Options > Data > and enable the option to Record for market replay under Real-time data, this will record the data from your real-time data feed provider as Market Replay data.

For videos detailing Market Replay and it's functions please visit the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgB1...b2yJaKfCNxyLzf

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

thanks for the fast reply.

Actually, when I'm connected to my broker and I use the market replay download option. Will the data be downloaded from my broker server or the ninja-trader server.

For manual backtesting my strategies it is very important to use the broker data.

all the best, thowefx

Comment

Hello thowefx,

Thank you for your response.

When connected to your data feed provider the Market Replay data downloaded from File > Utilities > Download Replay data is from the NinjaTrader servers.

Comment

alright, so there is no chance to download data for market replay from my provider, except the option to record the live data?

Best, thowefx

Comment

Hello thowefx,

That is correct for Market Replay, but Historical data is still downloaded from the provider.

Comment

Hi there,

well I followed to save live data for market replay. but now I have a Message for the different forex currencies coming up. Here is the message:

Error on loading chart data for $EURUSD Default: Downloading historical data for EURUSD failed: Quotes storage is busy too long. Please wait and try operation again.

I really don't know what to do? So thx for you answers.

thowefx

Comment

Data problem

Hi there,

I can´t load the historical data from the mini S&P from May 7 to May 8.

Thank you

Comment

Hello thowefx,

Who do you connect to for Forex data? The message is in regards to the historical data and not Market Replay or real-time data.

Comment

I'm using FXCM as the broker.

Comment

Hello BrunoSilva,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Is this the data when connected to the Market Replay connection? Or are you connected to your data feed provider?

Comment

Actually Patrick,

is it possible to download market replay data from kinetick?

I'm planning to use kinetick as a signalprovider and fxcm as the broker.

best, thowefx

Comment

Hello thowefx,

Market Replay data can only be downloaded from the NinjaTrader servers or recorded from real-time data. Data feed providers do not supply Market Replay data. Are you still receiving hte same message when downloading historical data when connect to FXCM alone?

Comment

Hi thowefx

Saw this post and thought I'd include some notes I'd previously written for our own traders on the Market Replay functionality. Patrick has answered your specific questions but just thought I'd include these "cheat sheet" notes I'd previously written, as it covers downloading, recording your own replay data and replaying the data...

Please Note:
                            It is not possible to convert existing history data into Market Replay data, therefore you must either download or record your own to use in the Market Replay engine.

To download Market Replay data:
                            1) Turn the "Market Replay Recorder" off and ensure you disconnect from any open connections.
                            2) Select “Download Replay Data” from the File/Utilities menu.
                            If you are using NinjaTrader 7 you can use the free Market Replay Download service.
                            The data available depends on the instrument you are using & the more "popular" Futures and FOREX instruments have a good quantity of Market Replay Data available.

To record your own replay data:
                            1) Enable the “Market Replay Recorder” via Tools / Options / “Data” tab - must have “Record for market replay” turned on (ticked).
                            2) Enter the instruments you wish to record in the “Market Analyzer” and ensure this is open any time you wish to record market data. You don't have to use Market Analyzer, however if you wish to record many instruments it's a great way without having to have all the charts open.

Replaying the data:
                            1) Ensure you disconnect from any other connections and then select Market Replay Connection from the File/Connect menu
                            2) Once connected, the “market replay control” will appear and all windows that are currently open will load with replay data (the “market replay control” is setup a bit like a DVD player with play/pause/speed control etc buttons).

You can also use all indicators & Chart Trader functionality to enter and exit trades as the data is being played back.
                            Note: if you end up having many trade entries/exits plotted on your chart, these can be turned off by selecting “DoNotPlot” for the “Plot Executions” field within the Data Series properties.

Cheers
                            Stuart

Comment

Bogus Market Reply data

Because of the time stamps Market Reply data down load from Ninja’s servers often create a significantly different graph than Replay data recorded from your data provider. Reloading Historical data will also create asignificantly different graph than the previous real time graph generated by your data provider!! Because of this In my HOP the only Replay data to use is the data recorded from you data provider!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin