Continuun - NT- Rollover Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuun - NT- Rollover Issue

I have the historical data of the CAC40 future from several years ago until the 16 of April of this year.

If I import these historical data in the current expire "CAC40 05-14" and after that I connect to Continuum the problem is that NT reload the day of 16 of April too and I need that NT only download the historical data from 17 of April to the current day.

How can I solve this problem?

I have set up "Do Not Merge" in the Merge Policy.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Planket,

Thank you for your post!

If you select "Reload All Historical Data", this will try to reload from the data provider you are connected to and overwrite existing data. The only way to "Reload All Historical Data" for a limited amount of days would be to limit the amount of "Days to Load" on your chart when you reload.

Please let me know if you'd like any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the answer Zachs but I'm not selecting the option "Reaload all historical data". The problem is that if I connect to Continuum and I open a chart in order NT download the historical data that I don't have here (from 17 of April to the current date) the NT download again the 16 of april too (NT reload the data only of this day)

Here you have an example:

a) I import historical data from 1-1-2014 to the 16 of April in CAC40 05-14 (important: before that I didn't have historical data in this Future)

b) After that I connect to Continuum and I open a new chart from 1-1-2014 to 21-5-2014.

The problem here is that the chart shows all historical data properly until the 15 o April, but after that date the historical data are from the new expire (CAC 05-14). So, I have a problem here because the NT has reloaded the historical data of that day (16 of April) but i didn't want it. The days before that day are correct.

What can I do in order to maintain the historical data until the 16 of april and after that to download the historical data I need from the current expire?

Thank you.
      Last edited by Plaket; 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

You may uncheck the option to "Get data from server (if available)" under Tools -> Options -> Data tab so that way NinjaTrader will only try to download data for an instrument when you specify. That way you can setup your chart how you want it, connect to your data provider and it will not try to download any historical data unless you specify it to.

Please note that unchecking this option will disable the automatic fetching of historical data when you connect to your data provider.

You can then download the data you need using the "Download" tab of the Historical Data Manager by going to Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data Manager.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?download.htm

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Comment

Thank you for the solution Zachs,

Please, I would like to make you a question about it: Using this option (uncheck the option to "Get data from server (if available)") can I receive real time data when I am connect to my provider?

In fact, I would like to find a solution using this option activate. Please, could you tell me any information about why NT reload historical data of that day?

is it a feature of Continuum in which the last day of the historical data always is reloaded when you connect to it or something like that?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It's reloading because this option is enabled, so it is trying to pull any available historical data from the server when you connect.

Unchecking this option will make NinjaTrader use the historical data base for historical data rather than pulling the historical data from the server like it would with the option enabled. You will still be able to receive live data, and you can save that live data as historical by going to Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> Data tab and selecting "Save chart data as historical".

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I will try to solve the problem of that way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Mizzouman1  
              Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ