Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant amount of bars on the chart

Hi Support!

How to make a constant amount ob bars on the chart?When i choose Load data based on as Bars and set a specific amount,it doesnt keep it fixed and the additional bars start to pile in.How to make it fixed???Say i want 1000 bars on the chart,no more,no less.

Thanks

Hello cachevery,

Once you set the Data Series menu to 1000 bars, please right click in the grid and select 'Set Default For XXXX Period Type'. You can save settings in the Data Series menu per period type. Please note that some settings will not be saved. More information can be found at the link below 'Understanding Data Series default settings'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello cachevery,

Once you set the Data Series menu to 1000 bars, please right click in the grid and select 'Set Default For XXXX Period Type'. You can save settings in the Data Series menu per period type. Please note that some settings will not be saved. More information can be found at the link below 'Understanding Data Series default settings'.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_defaults.htm
      No,it doesnt` work.It`s printing the bars outside of the set and saved limit.I mean,what`s the point then in the "Bars to load" option?

Comment

How do i remove the excessive bars from the chart?Is there any workaround?I want just the fixed amount of bars.No one can suggest anything?

Comment

It should load the amount of bars you enter. How many excessive bars are loaded?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

If you create a brand new chart and set 'Bars to load' to 10, does the chart load 10 price bars?

Comment

It should load the amount of bars you enter. How many excessive bars are loaded?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

If you create a brand new chart and set 'Bars to load' to 10, does the chart load 10 price bars?
            Hi Jason,as isaid,it loads the amount i want,but as the price moves forward it adds up an excessive bars which i don`t want.Reload All Historical Data does help and it gets back to the amount i initially set.But should i reload it evrery second?It`s not a solution as i imagine.

So is there any workaround or i`m in the dead end?

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately this is as expected. It will add additional bars as time passes by.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately this is as expected. It will add additional bars as time passes by.
                Hence was my post about how pointless THIS option was.You guys are seem to be deaf to the customers requests.The gaples templates been discussing here ad nauseum,but the problem is still there.I just wonder why...

Comment

This option allows you to determine how much historical bars are loaded initially in the chart. If you are connected and you receive realtime data, the chart will create additional price bars.

I will forward the suggestion to support a way to have the same amount of bars present in the chart as new price bars are build. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list and is assigned to ID# 2819.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes