Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enabling Strategy on some pairs sometimes give "Unable to cancel out live orders"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Strategy on some pairs sometimes give "Unable to cancel out live orders"

Hi:

Enabling strategies sometimes on some pairs give "Unable to cancel out live orders"

I can not find where to cancel these out to fix this issue (right now it is on only 2 pairs) but I can not enable the strategies for them.

Please let me know how I can quickly fix without disrupting the strategies I already have running.

Thanks,

Hello birdog,

This message is typically due to an order that was submitted to your account from your Strategy that NinjaTrader cannot get the status back to or is trying to modify the status based on your logic when it was already filled or cancelled when the strategy is not running.

Did you manually cancel an order or have an order filled while the strategy is not running?

Also, do you hold a position overnight or for a long time? If so, what do you have Exit on Close set to?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JC,

I am not aware of doing a manual trade when the strategy is running. However, with MBT, sometimes I have to enter a small trade at market (quick in and out) in order for the Cash Value to show up so that the strategies will work on a MBT account before I enable strategies (Brandon is aware of that particular issue). I don't think it is related to that because I am flat on the actual account before enabling the strategies (been doing that for years).

However, I did let it run overnight 1 or 2 nights ago. I have exit on close set to around 4 pm EST in the strategy and also flatten everything in NT options as well.

I am looking at the orders and no orders for those 2 paris look like there is a outstanding issues (and no color coding for any of them). This is for the EUR/AUD and the CAD/JPY by the way.

Let me know...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello birdog,

This message is typically due to an order that was submitted to your account from your Strategy that NinjaTrader cannot get the status back to or is trying to modify the status based on your logic when it was already filled or cancelled when the strategy is not running.

Did you manually cancel an order or have an order filled while the strategy is not running?

Also, do you hold a position overnight or for a long time? If so, what do you have Exit on Close set to?

Comment

Hello birdog,

Then this may be from some of the logic of your strategy for your Historical Orders. Are you able to create a new instance of your Strategy and enabled it without the same error?

Comment

I don't really think it is a logic issue.

The issue is coming up on a MBT account NT is trading on (MBT server side account). I have the exact same strategies running on 2 different Sim 101 accounts as well (NT side Sim accounts). The strategies are all running perfectly on the Sim 101 NT side accounts.

This 2 pairs with the issue are the exact same strategy with the only difference being it is a MBT server side account).

Does that help?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
          Hello birdog,

Then this may be from some of the logic of your strategy for your Historical Orders. Are you able to create a new instance of your Strategy and enabled it without the same error?

Comment

@JC

Ok, I actually enabled the two pairs by creating a brand new instance of the strategy on the MBT server side account. It worked then. I then deleted the other 2 that were not enabling and giving that error message.

However, my question is why does that happen and how can it be prevented in the future?

Originally posted by birdog View Post
            I don't really think it is a logic issue.

The issue is coming up on a MBT account NT is trading on (MBT server side account). I have the exact same strategies running on 2 different Sim 101 accounts as well (NT side Sim accounts). The strategies are all running perfectly on the Sim 101 NT side accounts.

This 2 pairs with the issue are the exact same strategy with the only difference being it is a MBT server side account).

Does that help?

Comment

Hello birdog,

To prevent this issue from happening again, you will need to ensure that the orders that are being placed by your strategy are able to be changed/modified by your strategy and that your strategy logic is not going to be different when processed Historically.

I can try to help you look into what order was not able to be cancelled if you send me your log and trace files for the last few days. If you like me to look into this you may send the files to "support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com" with a subject line ATTN: JC and reference to this thread in the body.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree
              by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM