Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Split Problem - Google

Hi There,

Thanks in advance for the help. I am trying to do a very simple thing - make sure that my GOOG (Google) stock split is accounted for in NT. I also have a KINETIK subscription for historical data. I tried clicking the update dividends and splits - and it seemed to "grab the data" in the section. I also adjusted it manually (screenshot attached). However - If I backtest my strategies - or if I just bring up the chart - it doesn't seem to work - it just shows the price down at $500 and change.....

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

-roberto
    Attached Files

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your post.

You will now need to use the GOOGL ticker symbol for the historical data as needed. The GOOG only has data in the 500 range back to the 27th of March and nothing before that now.

Comment

how can I find googl ticker name in ninjatrader?

I can only find goog, no googl. Please help.

Thanks very much!

Comment

Chart fixed - but backtesting strategy still broken

Wow, thanks for the help - this has fixed the historical chart - so it all shows up as prices from google divided by two prior to the split date. However, my back-testing strategy seems broken. Looks like entries seem fine, but exits, trailing, etc seems to be broken... weird. My strategy seems to work just fine with other stocks (PCLN for example) who don't have a split just fine. I know there's not much to go on - but any ideas on why a stock split would break a back-testing strategy. Weird thing is - it work just fine on GOOG (albeit - it doesn't have accurate values as the stock just drops to $500 at time of split), but for GOOGL is broken. I checked - I don't explicitly load a symbol by name anywhere, so that's not the issue.

I know there's not much to go on - but anyone else had a similar problem?

Comment

Hello,

This symbol will need to be manually added to NinjaTrader. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
          • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
          • Press the "New" button
          • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
          • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
          • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
          The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
          • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
          • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
          • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
          • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the detailed instruction. Now I added googl ticker in NT, but the the price is not adjusted split, even after connected Yahoo to update the split. Could you help?

Comment

Hello quietplayer,

Thank you for your response.

There is no adjustment to the historical data as it was traded at that price in the past (as the GOOG).

Looks like a historical data item, however this has been corrected and you should be able to right click in your GOOGL chart and select Reload All Historical Data to correct the data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post terofs
              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
              1 response
              0 likes