Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connect on startup and showing real account

Hi

When starting NT7 with "connect on startup" IB, I had always the IB account in all Chart Traders, so I did not need to change it from Sim101 manualy.

Now with Kinetick it is not working anymore.
    That means I have Kinetick and IB under Account Connection Set Up set to "Connect on startup", Kinetick connects first and then IB second but I need now to change everytime the account in the chart trader manualy.

What can I do to avoid this?

thanks for your response

michael

HI michi08,

Thanks for your post.

Likely you have Global Simulation Mode disabled after establishing a connection.

As a precaution NinjaTrader will not automatically switch to your live account when Global Simulation Mode is enabled at connection. This is to prevent accidental orders from going to your live account.

Your options are to enable Global Simulation Mode on connection, or to select your live account from each trading window.

If Global Simulation Mode is enabled on connection, when you disable Global Simulation Mode your live accounts will automatically be selected in your trading windows.

The option to enable Global Simulation Mode on connection is called 'Always start in simulation' and can be found in Tools -> Options... -> Simulator tab. By checking this, Global Simulation Mode will be enabled (and checked) after establishing a connection.

Below is a link to the help guide on the Simulator tab and to Global Simulation Mode.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea

thank you for the answer.

On my side "Global Simulation Mode" are disabled. When I start now only with IB then everything is ok and live account is shown.
      But when I connect Kinetick and IB with "connect on startup", Sim account are shown.
      Thats the problem.

michael
      Last edited by michi08; 03-24-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hello michi08,

May I have a screenshot of your options window with the Simulator tab selected?

Tools -> Options... -> select the Simulator tab

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
        http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Here you go
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm starting to suspect that this option, switching autom. to live account after start NT, is not posible because IB connection starts second!?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi michi08,

I have a better understanding of the issue now. By connecting to Kinetick first, NinjaTrader is selecting the Sim101 account automatically.

I am not aware of a workaround for this.

I would be happy to submit a feature request to select a particular account automatically when connecting to multiple connections in your behalf. Would you like me to do this? (Is this description what you are hoping to achieve?)

Comment

Hi Chelsea

yes please submit a feature request for that issue, maybe Ray can make the changes in NT8 before he will release it in 2015 (lol)

thanks Chelsea

Comment

Hi michi08,

I have submitted a feature request in your behalf to allow a particular account to be automatically selected when connecting to multiple connections.

Thank you for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by FOMOzombie, 06-26-2024, 08:01 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DonnieTrader  
                  Started by DJ888, 07-17-2024, 06:03 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes