Problems With Prior Ohlc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With Prior Ohlc

I have configured my ES mini charts to begin at 8:00 and to end at 16:15 ET. But I saw that at 8:00 of the current day the prior OHLC begins at 8:00 as they were the current OHLC but after 16:15 the previous day OHLC are placed again in their rights positions. If anybody can help me to solve this issue I really appreciate it.

On the other hand, I would like to have the alternative to see all the pre hours and after hours at least of the last current day and to filter those hours according to my set ups as Quotetracker does.

Thanks.

Current OHLC is based on session defined in the chart and not the actual market session. You can create chart templates that allow you to easily switch between different chart set ups including different session time definitions.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray:

Thanks for your answer.

I told you in my previous post that I set up my charts to begin at 8:00 am and to finish at 16:15 ET. The problem is that at 8:00 of the current day the prior OHLC bounces at 8:00 of the current day as it were the current OHLC. I believe that there is something that is not working well at this point, because if my prior day finishes at 4:15 ET and a new day begins at 8:00 of the following day, I think that prior OHLC dont have to bounce at 8:00 of the current day. I noticed that this happened when I connected NJ before 8:00.

The other day I connected NJ after 8:00 (at 8:01) and I had the correct previous OHLC, so the prior OHLC did not bounce to the current day. Even though this solved the problem, I think there is still something to correct.

Cheers
      Ricardo

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Current OHLC is based on session defined in the chart and not the actual market session. You can create chart templates that allow you to easily switch between different chart set ups including different session time definitions.

Comment

Thank you for bringing this up. We will look into it.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Me too...

I've been using Prior Day OHLC for about 6 months and have recently been having the same ( or a similar) problem. The lines now bunch up around the new day's open unless I reload the NinjaScript. This wouldn't be a problem except that I use cumulative tick data which is lost if I reload the script.
          NT 6.5.0.10 Live.
          Cheers
          -T

Comment

This was a bug that will be resolved for our next update.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes