Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data

ES chart was fine yesterday (Friday), This morning I open Ninja and data from yesterdays session is gone ! Just my trend lines etc. Also, Other markets charts like 6E , ZB, YM are not loading at all ! I use AMP-NINJA-CQG. Is anybody else having the same issue this morning ?

Comment

As posted, "Status update as of 03/15/2014 @ 14:06 EDT:
      Historical data missing from this week’s incidents has been restored."

I haven't looked at everything, but the 8 minute gap from 7:14 AM PST to 7:22 AM PST yesterday has been restored. Now the question will be whether the intraday historical data will work and if the servers will track all the data in realtime starting tomorrow evening without gaps. Those are the big questions. We hope so. Stay tuned.

Comment

Here are issues that didn't get fixed or updated. Attached are two TF charts from 3-12-14 showing trades. As you can see by looking at the Data Box, there is a gap in the charts from 6:52 to 8:18. These charts are from the Account Performance tab and the Trades tab under it. The 6:52 data box entry is the last candlestick before the 7:00 line. The next candlestick shows 8:18. So this is a gap of about 1 hour and 26 minutes.

I don't recall exactly where it was, but when I looked at another chart the other day from the same area it just showed the trades all bunched together near the open and you couldn't decipher what was what.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by bce111; 03-15-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Another thought on this is someone should be testing for these issues constantly. I'm sure it's cheaper to just have us point them out after they've happened and then attempt to fix them. In that case we end up being the quality control agents. The only problem with that is we're the paying customers not the server monitors. And once we've pointed out a problem this has invariably already affected our trading. The actions should be proactive not retroactive. There have been far too many of these issues to deal with lately as we all know.
          Last edited by bce111; 03-15-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by traderx123 View Post
            ES chart was fine yesterday (Friday), This morning I open Ninja and data from yesterdays session is gone ! Just my trend lines etc. Also, Other markets charts like 6E , ZB, YM are not loading at all ! I use AMP-NINJA-CQG. Is anybody else having the same issue this morning ?
            yep - CL on CQG - loaded this morning (Saturday) and charts ended at 07:51:15 e.t. Friday, 3/14. I do a backup within NT every Friday, so I tried restoring from that file to see if it would restore the data from the time I did the restore successfully (late afternoon, Friday) - the restore from within NT did not pick up the lost data - I still have the problem of missing data from 07:51:15 e.t. - on. Ahhh - just reloaded NT (16:46 pm e.t. Saturday) and it looks like all data has been restored - got CL data that ends 17:15 March 14 - and previous missing data has also been restored.
            Last edited by ducks; 03-15-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

YM 03-14 is still missing For March 13, 2014 data

I have checked all my charts and pressed reload all historical data on every chart.
              BUT YM 03-14 is still missing For March 13, 2014 data.
              The YM 06-14 is fine.
              I also did the 'Repair DB' and still did not fix the missing data
              If you want to post It I can import the YM data
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by traderx123 View Post
                One would think a fresh start of Ninja would (re)load the chart specific data, as specified in the DataSeries/DayToLoad setting, especially since as Ninja starts in the lower right corner it states loading data for xxx instruments.

I too had data/stuff missing (Amp/CQG combo) but a right click on the chart and ReloadAllHistoricalData seems to bring it back. Had holes from ES's friday morning and the week start of CL, and that all seems to be back.

Comment

Hi,

I was looking through daily one minute charts yesterday going back a week or two and there's still missing data of a few minutes here and there on some days. I'd like to have that filled in at some point.

But the most important issue for me is how the servers do tomorrow morning. Is there someone there this weekend checking these issues? Will there be someone there EARLY tomorrow morning checking that the servers are functioning properly and tracking and spitting out historical data in real-time without gaps? Or will you wait again until we report that it's interfering with our trading again before taking action to solve yet another or ongoing problem?

To be honest I'll be upset if we have to deal with all of this again tomorrow. I'm really tired of dealing with all the technical software and data feed issues. There is an increased regularity of these issues. Again, I just want to trade. An occasional issue is understandable. But they're far too frequent and more severe these days.

Please do your own tests beforehand. Thanks.

Comment

FWIW so far today the data is tracking correctly and reloads all of today's 1-min data on clicking Reload Historical data. This is for CL 04-14, and TF, YM, ES, NQ, and 6E 06-14. Hopefully it won't break down overnight or fail at the open. This is from the CQG feed from AMP.
                    Last edited by bce111; 03-16-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                      FWIW so far today the data is tracking correctly and reloads all of today's 1-min data on clicking Reload Historical data. This is for CL 04-14, and TF, YM, ES, NQ, and 6E 06-14. Hopefully it won't break down overnight or fail at the open. This is from the CQG feed from AMP.
                      Now it's not tracking all the data. There are gaps already. Be back in a minute. Trading.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                        Now it's not tracking all the data. There are gaps already. Be back in a minute. Trading.
                        These bars are missing from the 1-min chart for TF 06-14 first hour.

And 01 from the second hour.

Please fix this problem. I suspected this wouldn't be fixed. Ongoing.

Comment

You guys should make the Rithmic feed available to everyone until this problem is fixed. I'm using the Direct Edition through AMP. These problems aren't encouraging me to purchase the full edition.

Comment

All my charts have no data on them

I am still trading YM 03-14 TF 03-14 ES 03-14 and ZB 06-13 and they all have no data
                            If I can not trade in the AM I am going back to Tradestation
                            I lose a whole week of trading because of this.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Please let me know if there is any missing data now after the weekend maintenance.
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also missing Tf and Es Data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM