Collapse

Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get any information as to why this problem is occurring and when we can expect it to be resolved? An update would be much appreciated.

Comment

I hope this is not a temporary solution!

However, it works!

Comment

already restart ninja but still missing data ES between friday 06:00 and Monday 00:15

Comment

did you try reloading historical data after restarting?

Comment

Originally posted by OscarCanalejo View Post
            already restart ninja but still missing data ES between friday 06:00 and Monday 00:15
            Confirmed. ES data is still missing on AMP/CQG after restart (live account not demo here).

Comment

Yes it works for all symbols

I hope this will not happen again

Comment

thank you Islander, I reload and now is fine

Comment

AMP/CQG here

You have to reload each chart manually (right click on chart - Reload all historical data)

Comment

Yes, it works now.

Comment

Please, no more "radio silence"

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                      Hello All,

All historical data should be restored. Please restart NinjaTrader and try reloading your data.

If you are missing any data after doing so, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with details on the missing data.
                      My data for most instruments seems to be back. (Some just appeared, others needed a forced 'historical reload') I've been posting since last night on this and in fairness, do want to acknowledge it being fixed.

Having said that, the communication to users needs to improve. While a few of us were posting, I am certain countless (hundreds) others visited to determine if they had a local (PC) problem, or if others were having it too.

Additionally, it is endlessly frustrating to have known that many/most of us had the data in our cache for all of Friday's session, and upon launching NT after that date, NT flushes the data, to never be retrieved again: it would seem s feature that backs up say the last week of minute/second/day data could be introduced, so that users are not left dead-in-the-water; I supposed I could write a little routine that would back up that directory prior to an NT restart, and then, if the NT historical servers don't push me some data, I could turn off "Get data from server" and/or "Save chart data as historical", copy into the appropriate directory the backed up minute (or whichever) data. This all requires fiddling with features not uniformly understood by all, since these options and how they relate to the CQG/NT historical data server push are rarely used, and, frankly, don't receive any focus because NT has presented a historical data solution that should work.

But, it's when it doesn't - and no advance notice is available - that users are left stranded. 15+ hours of no communication, through 2 trading sessions, is really unacceptable. We all know that trading has a huge psychology component: with this overall negativity and the hinderances it presents to traders, it's hard to stay "in the zone", overall.

Comment

Reload the charts manually!!!

That should solve the missing data.

happy trading

Comment

Originally posted by Islander View Post
                          did you try reloading historical data after restarting?
                          This worked for me. My data on the ES is back.

Look, we all know the quality of NT support. I trust that they are doing everything they can as fast as they can. This is very frustrating to ALL of us, traders and NT staff alike. But constantly badgering them is not going to help. Lets just wait and let them work. Keep them appraised of your individual status when things change so they can tell if the problem has been resolved or evolved as the case may be and sometimes happens in these matters. Hang in there, everyone!

Thanks to NT support and staff!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Connors View Post
                            This worked for me. My data on the ES is back.

Look, we all know the quality of NT support. I trust that they are doing everything they can as fast as they can. This is very frustrating to ALL of us, traders and NT staff alike. But constantly badgering them is not going to help. Lets just wait and let them work. Keep them appraised of your individual status when things change so they can tell if the problem has been resolved or evolved as the case may be and sometimes happens in these matters. Hang in there, everyone!

Thanks to NT support and staff!

You are right, but this is not a new issue to them!

Comment

Originally posted by mic.o8o View Post
                              Lifetime license is for software. Commissions are a part of this business. Where does it say they have to offer this for free? It has always been marketed as such. If you want reliable data, pay for it.

hmmm....

I'm not sure I enjoy your tone ...

I have paid for data and sometimes problems arise there as well, so I stopped.

All was well until this Zen-Fire meltdown ... I'm not sure this isn't a bug in the machine still

anyway, I purchased NT BECAUSE it had free, reliable data.
                              and you may be confused in the area of broker profits going to compensate data
                              providers. ... and it goes the other way also. There are lot's of deals out there.

either way, Ninja has dropped the ball is not picking it up.

Comment

Hello All,

It is important to keep in mind that many things can occur when recording and distributing large amounts of data and that none of the recent these data items were related, despite the proximity in the timeline and data issues manifesting themselves in the same way. The infrastructure to maintain this service is huge with many moving parts along a chain involving many parties starting with the exchange and ending at the user. All of these parties have failure points and even with proper redundancy some of these items will appear due to things like major ISP backbone outages, power outages, and even problems at the exchange directly.

We will continue to keep looking for ways to increase redundancy, improve communication, and to continue to offer the best support possible.

Please report any items on individual systems directly to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 00nevest