• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corect data in chart

Hello Ninja Trader Team
    I am having a problem with the chart
    its the following:
    Today i change from fgbl 03-14 to 06-14 in the chart from the start lets say like in the picture it shows first the fgbl 03-14 and with the first tick coming in it jumps to the 06-14.
    even though that i have my historical data recorded for the fgbl 06-14 (since fgbl 12-13 was no longer to be traded in exchange dezember 6, 2013)
    when i export the data and reload it it will not change the chart. even worse when i restart the NT complete it starts the same way again.
    The historical data is correct (you see it in the edit) export the fgbl 06-14 and import does not help especially when you reload the chart it will start again with the fgbl 03-14 and with the first incoming tick jumps to 06-14
    Who can i fix this

picture is attached

thank you for your help
    Attached Files

Hello PeterPan,

By default, NinjaTrader automatically merges data from previous expiries in charts. This is causing the issue. You receive realtime data from the 06-14 expiry, but historical data is loaded from the 03-14 expiry. There is a difference between the two expiries which causes the long bar.

You can change the rollover date or disable merging of data to solve the issue.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the FGBL and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and click the 'Contract Months' option at the bottom. Click the '...' button that appears. Select the 06-14 expiry month and change it to today or a date before today.

Click OK. Remove and re-add the FGBL 06-14 in your instrument list now that it has modified settings and click OK in the Instrument Manager. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Create a new FGBL 06-14 chart and check if data is loaded as expected.

You can disable the merging of data after you clicked Edit while the FGBL instrument is highlighted in the Instrument Manager. Subsequently, set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge. Click OK. Remove and re-add the FGBL 06-14 as well and create a new chart. It will now only load historical data from the 06-14 expiry in the chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As Usual
      The help from NT Team is awesome!!!

thank you so much - it worked
      Last edited by PeterPan; 03-05-2014, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest