Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple connctions - Data not pulling

I use 2 workspaces.

Workspace 1 has charts with only 2 symbols - ES and TICK (intraday data). I get this data from Interactive Brokers connection.

Workspace 2 has Market Analyzer with 100+ stock symbols (EOD + intraday data). For this data I cannot use above IB account as it has a limitation on the number of symbols so I use my TDAmeritrade account. I don't think I can get ES & Tick data via TDA.

In the past I only kept one workspace open at one time. If I needed the other one, I close the connection, open other workspace then connect to appropriate connection. This did not seem right. So, I was reading up about multiple connections in the manual.

Now with both the workspaces open I connect to TDAmeritrade account. Then I connect to IB account. All the stocks data comes from TDA while the ES data comes from IB. But the one problem is that I am not getting any data for TICK.

For some weird reason NT only tries to get the TICK data from TDA. Couple of things I have already tried -
    a. Via Instrument Manager, I deleted the Symbol Map for TDA for symbol TICK.
    b. Deleted all the data file for TICK from the db folder.

How do I make it work?
    thanks
    Last edited by vishalct; 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: corrections

Hello Vishalct,

Thank you for your post.

TD Ameritrade does support Indexes with NinjaTrader however, your account may not be enabled for that kind of data through the connection.

Check the Log tab of the Control Center, do you see any errors related to the ^TICK?
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cal,

There are no errors for TICK in the log.

On my TDA platform I do have live data /ES and $TICK. So why NT can't pull it. Not sure what you meant by "your account may not be enabled for that kind of data through the connection".

thanks

Comment

Hello Vishalct,

You won't be able to get ES data through TDA as this connection with NinjaTrader only supports Equities and Indexes.

The TICK should be available.

Would you please send me a request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn Cal in the subject and a reference to this thread in the body
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

$tick hasn't worked since end of Feb 2013.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
          Hello Vishalct,

You won't be able to get ES data through TDA as this connection with NinjaTrader only supports Equities and Indexes.

The TICK should be available.

Would you please send me a request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn Cal in the subject and a reference to this thread in the body

Comment

TDA is now think or swim.

It is 2 separate feeds. That is why.
            Use tda's strategy desk to match ninja trader.

Originally posted by vishalct View Post
            Hello Cal,

There are no errors for TICK in the log.

On my TDA platform I do have live data /ES and $TICK. So why NT can't pull it. Not sure what you meant by "your account may not be enabled for that kind of data through the connection".

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JoMoon2024  
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes