X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live feed shows gap as soon as started

Hello,

I have just setup up my live NT.
    As soon as I have connected I opened EURUSD chart and see the gap that should not be there. How can I fix this? I was thinking it is because of time zone difference or something alike, tried to change my PC clock but that didn't help.

Please help. Here is the screen shot of the gap I refer too
    Attached Files

Hi SNIP07,

Who are you connected to? (This is indicated in green in the left corner of the control center)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hi SNIP07,

Who are you connected to? (This is indicated in green in the left corner of the control center)
      I am connected to GAIN live account.

I have restarted the NT, I see the gap is gone and replaced by the huge down bar and the daily chart now has all this gaps. I tried to speak with Gain they said they don't handle technical questions related to NT and sent me to you.

Actually the gap on 5m 15m is back again when I switched the PC clock to my local time. Can it be because of the PC time? Should I then set which time zone EST? London?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SNIP07; 02-26-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Hi SNIP07,

For Gain are you using NinjaTrader's historical data server? This may be the issue as currently the complimentary NinjaTrader historical data server for Gain is offline.

Please double check that you are using / switch to Gain's historical data server.

To do this:
        • Disconnect from your Gain connection
        • Click Tools -> Account Connections... -> select your Gain account -> click the Change... button
        • Click Next once -> select the option under Historical Data labeled 'Use Gain servers'
        • Click Next until Finish -> then click Finish
        • Reconnect to your Gain connection
        • Right-click your chart -> select Reload All Historical Data

Just a heads up, Gain's historical data server has 1 day of historical data.

Let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Comment

Yes, I was using NInja Trader Historical data server as per instructions received.
          Seems that the gap is gone.
          Thank you for your support.

Comment

If I look at the chart, all data from Fridays is missing or incomplete. I assume that you live further in the East. The close of the FOREX market is 5:00 PM EST, and if you are living in Eastern Europe, you are seven hours ahead. 5:00 PM therefore translates to 12:00 PM Eastern European Time, and NinjaTrader will eventually translate this timestamp to Saturday.

Saturday's data seems to be excluded, may be because you chose a session template 24/5. Did you try with the session template "Forex"?

Comment

Hello, Harry. Thank you for your post. I checked, I had "use instrument settings" template. I changed it to "forex" as you say but it doesn't help.

Actually I had it fixed, at least I thought so, but then I turned off my PC on Saturday, turned it on today and I see that all my charts are messed up again. Just total mess!

On chart you can see my trades (markers) that are not even close to where I've traded them.

I ask support to please instruct me on how to set my NInja Chart to see just normal forex chart. It is EURUSD not some exotic pair. I tried to change PC time, nothing helps!
              I also changed "historical data" to GAIN in account settings.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello. Chelsea.

I am still having trouble with my chart.
                Please help, see the screenshot in the post just above.

Is there an instruction to set the chart, PC time etc. so it will just work?
                Changing PC time, templated to Forex doesn't help.

Comment

Hello SNIP07,

I'd like to set up a remote support call to take a look at the data you have and compare with what i have.

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please write: attn Chelsea and include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                    Hello SNIP07,

I'd like to set up a remote support call to take a look at the data you have and compare with what i have.

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please write: attn Chelsea and include a link to this forum thread.

Hello, Chelsea

Thank you for your reply. On Monday morning the feed began to work fine. I think the problem was due to the weekend. I use GAIN and they provide just 1 day of historical data, so maybe that is way there were such errors in feed. For now the feed goes ok, I will just look ans see how it will go this week.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses